Principal Applied Scientist - Machine Learning
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Applied Research Group builds and deploys the mathematical models underpinning Splunk’s core products. We tackle a spectrum of problems across optimization, inference, forecasting, time series modeling, log mining. We are hiring motivated Scientists across all these areas.
The ideal candidate will be a critical thinker who is passionate about building and deploying mathematical models for challenging problems and is excited to work in a fast paced environment.
As an Applied Scientist in Splunk’s Applied Research
- Work closely with Engineering, Product andCustomers to scientifically frame the business problems and come up with the underlying mathematical models.
- Perform exploratory data analysis to gain deeperunderstanding of the data.
- Develop and test statistical and machine learning models.
- Write production quality code to build models and work with Software Engineering teams to deploy them in production.
- Outstanding quantitative background: PhDin Computer Science, Statistics, Math, Physics or other technical field preferred.
- Strong understanding of modern machine learning techniques and their mathematical concepts.
- 7 + years of professional experience in research, data science or engineering around build and shipping machine learning or statistical models.
- Self starterwith a passion and curiosity for solving unstructured mathematical problems
- Excellent software engineering skills in an interpreted language like Python, R or MATLAB
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.