Senior Engineering Manager - Getting Data in
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Splunk is a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and strive to provide the best experience for our customers. We’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
The Getting Data In (GDI) team is a dynamic and diverse technology group with a visionary mission. We are building state-of-the art capabilities; engineering systems; support tools and automation instrumentation that will fundamentally revolutionize how our customers successfully use data to improve their security, businesses performance, scalability, profitability, and market strategies.
What you'll do
This role in our Krakow, Poland office is to lead a team of talented engineers working on products and technologies used to bring data from variety of data sources into Splunk. Success will be measured by the ability to lead and inspire your team to continuously execute while creatively overcoming challenges inherent to remote teams.
In this role, you will –
- Own the development, release and support processes of multiple integrations (Technical Add Ons).
- Manage simultaneous releases while assisting the team in removing roadblocks that may impede the process.
- Transparently communicate progress or any setbacks while working together with the remote team on solving issues.
- Diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- Plan and support career development.
- Recruit and retain top talent.
What you'll need
You are a seasoned leader with deep technical knowledge and a proven history for building and managing engineering talent. You are an excellent communicator and can foster an environment of inclusion, inspiration, and innovation.
- 5+ years of experience leading engineering teams working on enterprise systems/distributed systems/big data/cloud/services development.
- Strong technical acumen; creativity; interpersonal skills; emotional intelligence.
- Experience building and cultivating strong engineering practices and processes.
- Proven track record of delivering scalable, global, efficient and reliable software systems.
- Excellent English
- Experience in the security field is preferable
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.