Software Engineering Intern - Cloud Observability (Summer 2021)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for highly motivated college students to join our team. As an intern, you will work on a real project (or a few) and have an opportunity to enjoy our dynamic, startup-like environment.
You will experience Splunking and what defines our culture while honing the skills which separate our development teams from others. Working to support internal and external customer needs, you will collaborate with multi-functional teams, receive mentorship, and gain insight into our values-driven process. Our goal is both to support your growth and development while empowering you for a successful start to your career.
As a Software Engineer Intern you will be responsible for …
Building innovative solutions that enables rapid development. You will get to work with dedicated people who are doing state of the art development work (native mobile, front-end and back-end, DevOps) in areas of machine learning, data analytics, infrastructure and event correlations across silos to build outstanding business analytics software. You will be interacting with product management and customers to understand detailed requirements. You will also work with other engineering teams across Splunk to design and build high-performance solutions.
- You will design, develop, code and test software systems, or applications for software improvements and new products
- You'll actively contribute through participation in agile development of project timelines, implementation design specifications, system flow diagrams, documentation, testing, and ongoing support of systems
- Your voice will have an impact through your recommended modifications to processes and procedures, and directly contribute to standard methodologies, architecture, and implementation
Possess knowledge of software engineering processes, tools (e.g.: programming proficiency in a language, preferably Go, Java, Python, etc), test development, algorithms and data structure.
- Familiarity with object-oriented programming concepts, large-scale software architecture, networking and distributed systems, and UNIX/Linux environments
- Familiarity with REST APIs and microservices is a plus
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts is a plus
- Familiarity with tools and technologies like Git, Jenkins, Gitlab, AWS, Docker, GCP is a plus
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.