Senior Director, Industry Product Marketing
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
In this role, you will lead a team of product marketing professionals to drive the positioning, messaging and integrated GTM of Splunk’s offerings to specific industry markets including Financial Services, Healthcare, Defense and Education. This team is responsible for driving thought leadership and creating industry-specific messaging and content and Go-to-Market programs opening up new market opportunities for Splunk and our partners. Working closely with key stakeholders, your team will understand and define the relevant personas and use cases, building the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to become successful across industry verticals.
- Be a key part of the Product Marketing leadership team, define market strategy and leading marketing efforts for building awareness, the Splunk brand, lead gen, and increasing sales within Financial Services, Healthcare, Public Sector and Communications, Media and Tech solutions.
- Lead a team of product marketeers, defining strategies and measurable goals and fostering growth of junior team members.
- Collaborate with field stakeholders, marketing, professional services and others on messaging and target marketing which will inform demand gen programs.
- Lead the launch of and Go-to-Market initiatives and develop intimate knowledge of Splunk product releases.
- Work across marketing to develop and oversee content for website, programs, press communications, media and industry analyst briefings, tradeshows, sales and channel training, online marketing, etc.
- Create key sales tools including customer-facing content and competitive analyses to enhance sales effectiveness.
- Develop and oversee the creation of various collateral including white papers and presentations that conveys understanding and empathy for customers in specific verticals.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, analyst briefings, etc.
- 12+ years product marketing or solutions marketing experience in relevant enterprise IT software or equivalent.
- 7+ years of experience building and running teams.
- Exceptional product marketing skills with the ability to understand complex technology and turn them into industry-specific innovative marketing messages.
- Experience orchestrating successful product launches with experience building for scale and working with multiple cross organizational stakeholders.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including ability to create and deliver effective presentations.
- Design, implement and track metrics on the programs you own. Execute quantifiable reporting to management. Effectively communicate results to peers and other senior business leaders across marketing, product and sales teams.
- Assist the field sales organization by driving enablement initiatives and providing expertise in specific sales situations.
- Strong leadership skills, great teammate and a person who can inspire and lead in a diverse team in experiences and background.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, enterprise technology environment and stay flexible through growth and change.
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent. MBA is preferred.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.