System Test Engineering Intern - Remote (Summer 2021)
Splunk is the Data-to-everything platform! Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
Splunk has an immediate opportunity for a System Test Engineering Intern, focusing on Large-Scale System Testing and Tools. You will work a dynamic team of architects and System Engineers with the responsibility to ensure that we deliver high quality solutions to meet the business needs of Splunk customers. Working experience in the native cloud software delivery environment is a huge plus.
- Review PRD, ERD and provide constructive feedback to the team
- Define, develop, perform and automate large scale system level testing on Splunk Enterprise and Cloud products
- Ability to understand Customer Use cases and ensure Splunk product quality in a large sophisticated environment
Demonstrate test experience in following areas on a distributed :
- Upgrade and migration
- Documents systems-level defects, using Jira tracking system, and reports defects to developers. Analyze and pinpoint the issue, and help resolving the issue
- Identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots, and documents problems with program function, output, or content.
- Develops testing programs that assess efficiency of a new system or modification of an existing system.
- Demonstrates knowledge in automation frameworks in a test environment. Additionally, the job involves testing in a lab environment, designing and implementing test setups and automation.
- Very good understanding of computer science fundamentals with emphasis on data structure and algorithmic knowledge
- Expert or has taken master level class for Operating systems
- Highly proficient in scripting languages (Python) and ability to code review (C/C++/Java)
- Comfortable with Linux, Docker containers, Kubernetes, Prometheus, AWS/GCP/Azure, GIT, Artifactory in terms of both tools and systems administration
- Experience with big data platforms and building blocks: Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark
- Experience with data streaming technology: Kafka, Flink is also preferred
- Experience in distributed computing system and stack
- Highly motivated and demonstrates the ability to find root cause of system level issues
- Experience in tackling problems of load, scale, and optimizations of complex large-scale deployments
- Experience in SaaS, CloudNative software companies and projects
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systms, Computer Science, or related field or Master’s in Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience is preferred. Student must be going back to school in the fall and graduating December 2021 or later.
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.