Sr. Manager, Security Governance and Risk (US Remote Available)
We have a disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable, and valuable to everyone. Our engineers are passionate about our products and our customers demand more of it. At Splunk, we’re committed to our people, customers and having fun at work! Splunk is an industry leader in the “Data to Everything” platform and is well-positioned to extend the lead with our bold new vision.
About The Role
Splunk is the leader in big data, machine learning analytics with a significant presence in the cyber security market. Splunk is seeking a Sr. Manager of Security Governance and Risk to join the Security Trust Office within Splunk Global Security (SGS). The right person for this role is a people leader with direct reports and responsibilities including hiring, training, talent management, and development. This person is accountable for leading the security policy lifecycle, Information Security Management System (ISMS) program delivery, and measurement and oversight of the enterprise security program across multiple functions. The position is also responsible for performing enterprise level technology risk assessments and ensuring that adequate mitigations are in place to address identified risks. Experience with developing, leading and overseeing security governance programs in a globally regulated enterprise and significant enterprise cloud footprint is strongly preferred.
- You are leader who is passionate about developing a world class function by hiring and developing top talent.
- You are deeply skilled in applying industry standard control frameworks and mitigating controls into an enterprise environment.
- You are capable of communicating effectively to technical and non-technical audiences at various levels in the organization.
- You are proficient in designing and maintaining policies, standards, and guidance artifacts from ideation to retirement.
- You are skilled in conducting cross-functional requirements gathering workshops, tracking and influencing action.
- You have experience in building security roadmaps and plans to address identified risks.
- You will own and maintain the security risk register and exceptions process.
- Develop dashboards and metrics to represent the security program performance for cross-functional stakeholders and executive management.
- You will be a key driver for security program maturation within the security team and with key business partners.
- You will develop and implement a technology and data-driven approach to ensure the security processes are efficient, scalable and repeatable.
- You will bring a strong commitment to partnerships with leaders across the enterprise to engage and influence toward resolution.
- Minimum eight (8) years of demonstrated ability in a security governance, risk, compliance, or operations leadership role; including two (2) years of accountability leading a security governance or risk program.
- Minimum five (5) years experience as a people leader with responsibility for direct reports.
- Current knowledge of information technology processes and controls along with a deep understanding of one or more of the following security control frameworks; ISO, NIST, UCF, Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), CIS Controls.
- Experience working with Enterprise GRC management platforms (Archer, ProcessUnity, OneTrust, ZenGRC, etc.)
- At least one current professional certification is required, such as CISM, CISSP, CRISC, CISA, or GIAC.
- Solid grasp of security governance concepts - policy management, control frameworks, program maturity, risk appetite, risk management, US and International laws and regulations.
- Solid grasp of risk management concepts - impact, likelihood, ALE, SLE, ARO, threat, vulnerability, asset, risk identification, risk owner, risk profile, risk appetite
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, self-starter with the ability to work individually, within a team, and partner with external stakeholders.
- Possess high ethical standards, level of commitment, and ability to manage complexities.
- You are able to plan, coordinate and monitor multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.