Payroll GL Tax Accountant
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Payroll GL Tax Accountant
The Payroll GL Tax Accountant will report to the Sr Payroll Accountant and will support all duties associated with the accurate recording of payroll, tax compliance and related financial close activities for the APAC and EMEA international regions. This role will work closely with Payroll, Human Resources, Corp Accounting, Corp Tax and our external 3rd party payroll vendor. This is an opportunity for a highly driven individual who is well-adapted, detail oriented, disciplined and sets a high-quality bar for themselves and their work product. This position offers ability to learn, develop and grow your career working for a dynamic and fast-growing public company.
Location: San Jose
- Perform all general ledger functions related to payroll, including but not limited to; balancing and recording all payroll related journal entries, accruals, reconciliation of balance sheet accounts, data requests, etc.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams on all general ledger related tasks, including accounting close.
- Perform tax related tasks, including but not limited to; reconciliation of all employment tax returns, tax agency funding, etc.
- Engage with external payroll vendors related to researching and resolving payroll tax notices, tax filing and funding of payroll taxes.
- Ensure controls are properly performed within the payroll accounting process.
- Provide relevant tax and general ledger metrics to upper management
- Assist with research projects and preparation of management reports as needed.
- Lead quarterly and annual audits with external auditors as needed.
- Answer accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 2-3 years accounting experience in payroll and general accounting.
- Possess knowledge of payroll-related requirements and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality in all assignments and in all information obtained.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong work ethic and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as quarter-end and year-end.
- Performs with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite with strong excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization both internally and externally.
- Workday experience preferred
- Knowledge of payroll and payroll tax related regulations outside US is a plus.
- Knowledge of NetSuite is a plus.
- Potential international travel
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related field preferred.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.