Director, Social Media & Influencer Marketing
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you want to tell stories that help influencers, prospects, customers, investors and employees change the world through data? Splunk is seeking a Director to lead our corporate social media channel managers and strategic and creative partnerships with our marketing and business leaders. As Director of Social Media & Influencer Marketing, you will be responsible for bringing Splunk’s brand and personality to life across multiple touchpoints in our follower’s daily lives and building narratives for multiple verticals and audiences.
Working within our corporate communications team and directly with our head of PR and Social Media, you will help craft the voice and brand of the company online and beyond. At Splunk, you will have a rare opportunity to lead social media communications and influencer marketing at one of the fastest growing public technology companies in the world. Join us and help tell the world how Splunk is helping organizations bring data to every question, decision and action with Splunk’s Data-to-Everything Platform.
- You will lead overall social content programming strategy, including curation & distribution of articles and video on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram & other social networks to ensure all content aligns with voice, brand, and tentpoles.
- Have a core focus on results and seek out opportunities to launch social media and influencer activations and campaigns that build brand awareness and engagement.
- Implement an experimentation framework and develop insights to optimize content delivery that drives engagement across all accounts.
- Plan & execute innovative promotional and content-focused campaigns to drive growth and improve brand awareness.
- Enable and empower social Splunkers to improve their influence and impact across their individual networks.
- Be an evangelist and thought leader across the company. Stay on top of the latest trends and best practices. Identify new social channels and build processes for where, when and how Splunk’s content can be distributed. Transform Splunk into innovative market leaders for social & influencer marketing best practices.
- Lead and scale a team and culture that is consistently monitoring trends, testing new channels and ideas, and helping all key business partners understand what is working and why.
- Direct the creative and editorial operations of all social media content. Run budget, team coordination, tools and processes to drive efficiency and cross-functional alignment.
- Analyze performance data and iterate to achieve efficient performance. Partner with the MOPs team to continually evolve our understanding of what algorithm factors are driving the most impact.
- Collaborate with owners of other channels (paid, email, site, etc) to ensure alignment and consistency across the consumer journey.
- A minimum of 8 years leading social media initiatives with at least 2+ years at the director level at an agency, consultancy, or enterprise technology company.
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant major, such as Marketing, Communications, or Journalism
- The ability to take seemingly unrelated metrics, data and ideas and build a focused plan of action.
- Strong ability to develop creative, clear, and engaging copy with an eye and instinct on what works on Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Twitter. You can clearly articulate what posts belong on what channel and why.
- Proven record evolving social media into a strategic, brand and revenue generating channel.
- Shown success framing digital communications strategy in the context of business goals and customer needs. You consider return on investment, business objectives, customer needs, and competitive differentiation with every decision.
- Strong attention to detail with organizational, time management, problem solving and communication skills.
- Genuine passion for social media marketing with influencers and other marketers for driving impact through innovative social practice.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.