Director of Supportability
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Director of Supportability you will lead Splunk’s mission to drive reactive customer support to zero with passion, collaboration and data. In this role you will lead and grow the Splunk Supportability group, which advocates for product excellence, improved customer experience and support productivity. You’ll work across customers, support, engineering, product management and tech writing. We are looking for someone who will challenge the status quo; transform product, tools and ways of thinking; and drive the Supportability mission with operational excellence throughout the business.
The Director of Supportability will lead teams focused on improved monitoring, diagnostics and release readiness. You’ll use analytical insights, your technical knowledge and experience in supportability to analyze and understand the current landscape, define clear goals, make recommendations and drive solution implementation.
- Define and execute a 2 year strategy to improve the supportability of Splunk products that continually reduces the number of reactive support cases and reduces the time required to accurately diagnose issues.
- Work closely and cross-functionally to identify, define, recommend and inspire changes in products and processes; fearlessly collaborating with cross-functional leaders as needed to drive customer focused improvements.
- Apply analytics to data; evaluate and develop supportability and product related deflection insights and recommendations in collaboration with Support, Product and Engineering teams. Identify trends and repeat cases where in-product and documentation improvements will drive deflection.
- Manage the Supportability investment strategy and budget. Develop business cases to prioritize recommendations.
- Create key performance indicators, objectives and key results for all organizations involved. Obtain alignment and influence cross-functionally to meet these outcomes.
- Build and lead a high performing team to improve monitoring, reduce time to accurately diagnose issues and ensure release readiness.
- Drive product integration with support tools to provide better support experiences for our customers.
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to prioritize the required features of future products and ensure that these products launch with quality, ease of use and ease of support.
- Ensure that the Support organization is properly informed and trained to support the new product releases.
- Act as a customer experience champion and supportability thought leader within the company and remain up-to-date on industry best practices.
- At least 8-10 years of technical product support, software development or software product management experience; recognized leader.
- A consistent track record of successfully delivering initiatives from conception through completion.
- Ability to communicate with and influence diverse technical and non-technical groups, spanning all organizational levels and functional teams (e.g. Engineering, Product Management, Operations, Customer Success, Global Support).
- Demonstrated sense of accountability and ownership in an environment that requires the ability to navigate ambiguity.
- A passion for technology and an ability to identify new opportunities for efficiency and productivity.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, business judgment and understanding of customer support principles and key metrics that drive supportability.
- Ability to quickly adapt in fast-paced, changing environments.
- Intellectual curiosity — you're eager to learn new concepts; you're willing to admit you don’t know certain things, will ask for help, roll up your sleeves, and learn.
- Solid ability to analyze sometimes abstract, incomplete, or conflicting data without getting bogged down in minutia.
- Strong financial and business sense, critical thinking, decision-making abilities.
- Work well in fast-paced changing environment and is comfortable with ambiguity.
- Experience using Splunk Cloud or Splunk Enterprise
- Prior leadership roles in Supportability
- Experience working with enterprise class monitoring and diagnostic tools
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.