Product Manager - Data Warehouse and Insights (Remote, US OK)
Product Manager - Data Warehouse and Insights (Remote)
Ready to shake things up? Splunk continues to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year over year. With growth comes scaling opportunities and the need to take the friction out of our processes, platforms, and systems to drive scale, efficiency, and effectiveness. As the Product Manager for Data Warehouse and Insights, you will own the strategy and roadmap for providing a data platform that powers Splunk’s business insights, analytics, reporting, and data applications across the company!
You will need to use your technical expertise and deep experience in delivering features using Agile methodologies as a Product Manager for this position. To be successful you will have to balance priorities, collaborate with senior leaders, and present to executives while defining detailed functional requirements, delivering within an agile delivery framework, and supervising key performance indicators.
This position requires you to be a self-starter with the ability to take ownership, work with tight timelines, handle various tasks simultaneously while continuing to develop a positive work culture. In addition, great oral communication and written documentation skills are critical for this role. Join us as we pursue our exciting new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone!
- Own the strategic direction and creation of the Platform Analytics roadmap, with key initiatives possibly including:
- Building data offerings that enable business intelligence and dashboards
- Powering company-wide analytics infrastructure to unlock faster and easier value-add data for teams.
- Own and enhance data tooling around data storage, transformation, alerting, sharing, and reporting.
- Solve for consistent data contracts with ingesting key data from verticals.
- Represent the team as the main interface for collaboration with internal business partners and actively engage with them to ensure delivery is aligned with business needs and the product vision.
- Partner with other product managers, development managers and technical leads across the organization to align strategies, roadmaps, priorities, dependencies, and releases to mitigate risks and issues.
- Actively network with key industry contacts to understand standard methodologies and emerging trends for the domain and how they can be used within the company.
- Define and standardize Key Performance Indicators that will help aid in the decision-making process and showcase results.
- Manage the product backlog to ensure the highest business value is being delivered to our customers.
- Author technical feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for varying business use cases.
- Produce and lead go-live release communications that inform a diverse set of partners and/or users of new features and/or changes.
- Present roadmaps, sophisticated ideas and features to a broad audience effectively.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical product manager
- Past experience working on data products, data warehouses, and/or other data-centric software solutions encouraged
- A team player with a relentlessly positive outlook and entrepreneurial spirit
- Intimate knowledge of Agile methodologies and core values to deliver work within the framework as a Product Owner.
- Independently author well-written technical and functional feature requirements in the form of user stories and acceptance criteria for complex technical use cases.
- A proven track record to do both tactical work and set an overall strategy when working on a project—seeing beyond the data to anticipate the next step or question
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment requiring a high degree of productivity, adaptability, innovation and follow-through.
- Experience using data analysis tools (i.e. sql, Tableau) to extract data and synthesize into actionable insights
- Strong communication skills: ability to translate quantitative details into clear, succinct summaries and recommendations and influence decisions for peers and executive audiences. Must be comfortable communicating at all levels from C-Suite to junior team members.
- BA/BS or MA/MS is required
Who We Are
We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want our teams to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an outstanding environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status,or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate inthe job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $95,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
To conform to U.S. export control regulations, applicants must be eligible for required authorizations from the U.S. Government.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.