Defense Director, Sales Engineering - Public Sector
We are seeking an exceptional pre-sales leader to join our team as a Department of Defense Director of Sales Engineering (Pre-sales). In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you possess a measurable track record in building and leading high performing organizations. You will play a meaningful role driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- You will have extensive knowledge of Defense and Intel accounts required
- Knowledge of Aerospace and Defense sell-to markets
- You are an experienced manager of managers and directly lead pre-sales teams and work closely with sales and professional services
- Help deliver ambitious license, support and service revenue targets
- Drive customer success and help expand deployments and use cases
- You will utilize in-house talent as well as grow and enable partner resources
- Player/coach, hands on with the team, understand and demonstrate Splunk technically to all levels of the enterprise
- You work with Regional Sales directors with account planning, strategy and sales calls
- You have the expertise in hiring the right team to match our growth
- Work within Splunk sales methodology and processes effectively
- You understand how to demonstrate both international and domestic colleagues to expand deal size and value to the customer
- You are a good corporate citizen – two-way flow of relevant and timely and credible information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- TS Clearance beneficial but not required
Other desirable differentiators:
- Ready to create something better using your 10 years of professional experience?
- Are you a groundbreaking SE Leader?
- Is your idea of fun understanding of big data solutions and landscape, software solution engineering?
- Do you have validated experience communicating the business value of a technical solution via executive-level briefings to CIO, CISO, CIO, technical partners, etc. is helpful
- Bring your ability as a self-starter with a sense of humor!
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Min 10 years of professional experience
- Min 5 years of SE Leadership experience
- Software Sales Engineering experience
- Intimate understanding of big data solutions and landscape, software solution engineering
Education: I have that!
- BS Degree or work experience equivalent
- Must currently be authorized to work in the United States on a full time basis
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.