Sr. Product Marketing Manager - ITOps (REMOTE)
Join us as we pursue our mission to remove the barriers between data and action, so that everyone thrives in the Data Age. Splunk is filled with people who are passionate about pushing the boundaries of technology in an effort to help our customers succeed. Splunk’s approach to data allows customers to be secure, resilient and innovative in a rapidly changing world. We invite you to explore what has made us one of the fastest-growing technology companies in history, and how you can be an integral part of our journey!
In this role, you will be part of a team of product marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging, and integrated go-to-market of Splunk’s solutions. You will be responsible for Splunk’s AIOps and predictive analytics solutions built for operations teams. You will be responsible for product revenue targets, understanding the customer, and communicating new product and market innovations.
You will define meaningful ways to engage relevant personas and market use cases effectively. You will develop thought leadership and campaign content to drive demand. You will help navigate market segments and produce the content necessary for the Splunk field organization and partners to drive opportunities. You should have a bias for action, a willingness to learn, and a burning desire to win in this market.
- Create clear, differentiated messaging and positioning for products. Work closely with product management, sales, and marketing to refine messaging for target personas.
- Create a go-to-market strategy and an always-on marketing plan, to drive customer adoption and revenue.
- Plan and execute product launches including securing customer references
- Provide content for website, PR, media and industry analyst briefings, and tradeshows within your market segment.
- Identify and represent the company at various speaking engagements, conferences, press interviews, industry analyst briefings, etc.
- Develop sales enablement collateral such as sales kits, ROI analysis, qualification and messaging guides to accelerate sales effectiveness.
- Assist the field sales organization by providing expertise in specific sales situations.
- Conduct market research and analysis to improve Splunk's understanding of the observability market, competitors, and key trends.
- Develop collateral pieces including white papers and presentations.
- 5+ years experience in relevant enterprise software; customer-side experience a plus.
- Relevant domain expertise in IT Operations, DevOps or software delivery space; knowledge of industry trends and dynamics is highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication/presentation skills including the ability to create effective presentations.
- Ability to effectively position B2B products for growth in the market, appealing to technical users and economic decision-makers.
- Be a self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced software start-up environment.
- Growth mentality, positive attitude, and authentic curiosity to learn new things.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment any qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $110,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.