Data Scientist - Global Business Operations
Are you innately curious, passionate about building impactful analyses and a truth seeker using data? Splunk is looking for an Data Scientist to join its dynamic Global Business Operations (GBO) team to boost Spunk’s fast growing business. The GBO team ensures data driven decision-making throughout the company. As a member of the team, you'll be detail-oriented and conscientious, analytical and curious. You're a strong problem-solver, who uses both quantitative and qualitative methods to get things done. And most importantly, you are an individual who wonders "What if?" and are relentless in seeking out the solution.
You will play an important role in how we “bring data to everything” with your expertise and passion to help address the data and analytical needs of teams and the business across the globe. Your knowledge of data, along with deep business context, will enable you to provide actionable analysis to ensure our GBO organization and Business Leaders are well-informed and able to make thoughtful, data backed decisions.
Location: San Jose, CA
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
- You will work with cross functional teams to optimize Splunk’s operations practices according to your findings
- You will apply operations research and statistic methods to solve challenges related to scaling Splunk operations
- You will work with the finance team on multiple efforts, including
- Scenario Modeling Tool
- Bottoms up revenue forecast model
- Analytics Portal, daily automation of income statement
- Market testing analysis & methodology
- Work with large and complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes requirements specification, data collection, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale
- Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations (e.g., cost-benefit, forecasting, experiment analysis) with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of partners through visual displays of quantitative information.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- This role is for doers; be able to get into the details and get the job done while at the same time being able to see the forest for the trees
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capable of communicating complex information in an easy to understand format. Able to interact comfortably with the cross functional leadership
- Ability to think creatively; Builder who is ambitious. Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized.
- Collaboratively-focused and able to work well with others in a fast-paced and ever changing business.
- NetSuite, Workday, Anaplan, SAP, Salesforce experience a plus.
- Experience owning complex projects involving multiple teams
- Experience with stats software (e.g., R, Python) and database languages (e.g., SQL)
Education: Got it!
- Master's degree in a quantitative field (e.g., Stats, Operations Research, Bioinformatics, Economics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics) or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of relevant work experience, including experience applying advanced analytics to operations and finance
- Excellent problem-framing, problem-solving and project management skills.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.