Senior International Payroll Specialist
Job description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
The Sr. International Payroll Specialist will report to the Americas Payroll Manager and will support all duties associated with the accurate and timely processing of Splunk’s international payrolls as well as assist in all payroll related financial close tasks. This role will work closely with Human Resources on international payroll-related matters and will interact closely with the international accounting team to complete all close related tasks. This individual will be driven, highly motived, pro-active, detail oriented, self-directed and own the international payroll function. This position offers the ability to learn, develop and grow their career working for a dynamic and fast growing public company.
Location: San Jose, CA (remote currently with potential to be full-time remote – non-CA location)
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Work closely with the international payroll vendor to process payroll for Splunk employees in Brazil, Canada, and Mexico for the Americas region, which represents approximate 300+ employees and growing.
- Cross train with the US Payroll processing team to provide backup processing, when required.
- Responsible for reviewing new hire entries, master file changes from Workday, and reconciling payroll files from the international vendor
- Audit time sheets and system uploads
- Assist international employees and managers with pay related issues
- Responsible for processing off cycle manual payroll checks and/or ACH payroll payments
- Assist with research projects and preparation of management reports as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- Ensure controls are properly performed within the payroll process
- Coordinate with external auditors to assist with quarterly and annual audits as needed
- Answers international accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data
- Strong work ethics with the ability and flexibility to work extended hours during critical periods such as payroll submission, quarter and year-end remittance deadlines
- Ability to work hours in different time zones to resolve critical international issues if necessary
- Serve as a back up to the international payroll manager when out of the office for all international inquires
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 4+ Years of international payroll processing experience with Brazil, Mexico and Canada experience a plus, but not required
- Possess a working knowledge of international payroll-related requirements and regulations
- Maintain confidentiality in all assignments and in all information obtained.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Workday experience is preferred
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft business suite, specifically excel
- Knowledge of international payroll vendor(s) software/processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of the organization both internally and externally
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.