Facility Security Officer (FSO)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our products and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Inc. (“Splunk”) is currently seeking a Facility Security Officer (FSO) who will also perform as the Insider Threat Senior Official (ITSO) to help scale and manage the Splunk Public Sector theater classified information security program in compliance with the U.S. Government National Industrial Security Program (NISP) in our McLean, Virginia office. We are looking for an enthusiastic person with deep customer focus that can work with our legal, compliance, physical security and public sector business teams to scale our program to meet the demands of multiple customers. Excellent communications skills and strategic planning skills are a must. This position is in the Legal Department and will report to the Director, Legal for the Splunk Public Sector Theater.
- A position as an AFSO or FSO in the NISP for a possessing facility;
- An active TS/SCI security clearance with current background investigation;
- A strong working knowledge of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD personnel and information security regulations, ICDs, information systems security program requirements, Director Central Intelligence Directives (DCIDs), and other related Federal security laws, directives and regulations;
- Completed possessing FSO or CSSO certification-related courses and training;
- Understanding of classified information and insider threat reporting requirements to USG oversight agencies;
- Demonstrated ability to operate and improve complex clearance application and reinvestigation pipelines to facilitate the growth of customer relationships in the US Intelligence Community, US Federal Civilian/DoD and NATO programs;
- Demonstrated ability to proactively partner with business leaders to facilitate important outcomes relevant to business in the classified community (e.g. Authorizations to Operate, resolution of clearance-related issues, etc.);
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a business, with external partners or internationally to ensure compliance with US Government and allied nation classified information security programs;
- Demonstrated ability to manage a government security office, including direct reports which may include one or more AFSO/CSSO positions and/or contractors/vendors;
- Ability to multi-task, with close attention to detail and operate under pressure;
- Ability to prioritize work and switch between tasks quickly;
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences degree, or equivalent; and
- United States Citizenship.
- FSO/CSSO duties and responsibilities, including, but not limited to, classified contract management, processing, SCI nomination packages, personnel clearances/accesses, audit/self-inspection, visit requests, briefings/debriefings in compliance with the NISPOM, DoDM, ICD's and applicable government security directives associated with SCI security;
- Experience with the DoD databases and tools: JPAS, DISS, NISS, ACAVS;
- Experience with agency sponsorships of SCIFs/classified networks;
- Experience with SCI programs or SAPs;
- Experience with DoD and other US Government sponsored Insider Threat program management activities and tasks;
- Seven (7) years minimum experience with a DoD contractor security program
Desirable Qualifications and Experience
- Industry-recognized certification(s) such as Industrial Security Professional (ISP), or Security Fundamentals Professional Certification (SFPC);
- Experience as an ISSO and familiarity with DoD Directive 8570.01A Information Assurance certification or Security+
- Experience as an ISSO working with an ISSM concerning accreditation and reaccreditation of classified IS Systems to include user access, auditing, configuration management, documentation, and training in accordance with USG policies and regulations;
- Experience with personnel security management tools such as SIMS, Access Commander, or Threat Switch; and
- SCIF construction planning, accreditation, operations and management.
- General knowledge of information security, contract management and privacy
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.