Cloud Sales Specialist (Public Sector)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to turn Data Into Doing with the first Data-to-Everything platform. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Splunk is going through a period of outstanding growth, and we are growing our salesforce. Currently we are on the lookout to hire a driven & highly motivated Cloud Sales Specialist PBST to join our team in Public Sector, covering Federal, State and Local Governments and Higher Education customers.
Do you want to make an impact and help change the way companies do business? Splunk’s Cloud business is continuing to grow rapidly and we are looking for an outstanding Cloud Sales Specialist. In this role you will be overall Splunk Cloud selling resource and overall Cloud/SaaS SME for sales team members to help them build, mature and close Cloud business. Provide them with experienced guidance to better qualify, understand customer challenges to best position Splunk Cloud to meet the customers’ requirements.
You should have a measurable track record in selling Splunk’s solutions or SaaS solutions overall. You will play a meaningful role leading the salesforce to sell Splunk Cloud in a way that results in continued growth and equally importantly, customer success and good business for Splunk overall.
- Help structure, guide and review sales proposals to ensure they are accurate and aligned with Margin and overall Best Practices for selling Splunk Cloud.
- Deliver regular education sessions to the sales teams that will make it natural for them to sell Cloud to accelerate sales cycles, deal sizes, success and ensures good business.
- Act as a “Cloud Account Manager” as needed to help foster and lead the relationship and project status with large and or complex customers that need additional attention. Be a liaison for sharing information between account teams, Cloud Product Management, Engineering and operations.
- Knowledge of FedRAMP as well as other meaningful State and Local laws and regulations for SaaS and Cloud providers.
- Extensive software selling experience,ideally selling Splunk and/or Splunk Cloud solutions, with IT Operations and Security or as a minimum alternative SaaS solutions in a similar space.
- Successful track record as an “overlay” manager working closely with sales leadership and guiding sales teams to effectively sell a solution with a different selling motion and value proposition.
- Thrives in a fast-paced, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Available to travel approximately 25-50% of time.
- Live around the D.C. area
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Sales team member to help ensure its success.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.