Software Engineering Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do you enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role on Splunk Security Analytics team would be a great fit for you.
We are seeking an engineering leader to help build and lead a diverse team of engineers to design, develop, and deliver Splunk’s Security Analytics solutions. Helping thousands of clients protect their assets from cyber threats, on any given day, our software needs to handle thousands of users, petabytes of data, and unique usage patterns across different deployment topologies. We ingest machine data from multi cloud and on-premises deployments for full visibility to quickly detect malicious threats in customers’ environment.
This person will be an experienced leader able to work with product management and design and engineering leaders to envision a world class product. We are looking for a person who will take ownership of their domain and who is driven to tackle problems at multiple levels. Collaboration and partnerships are paramount in our company culture and want leaders who can communicate at a high level but can also talk in low level details to achieve the greater goal.
- Recruit, mentor, and grow world class engineers.
- Partner with cross functional team members to develop and maintain a well defined roadmap, while balancing technological excellence.
- Lead technical direction and architecture with engineering team members.
- Facilitate coordination of multiple scrum teams to successfully deliver committed feature sets.
- Drive practices in training and development, and drive efficiencies across multiple feature teams.
- Build a culture of continuous learning, growth, and sharing of technological insights.
- 8+ years of hands on technical experience.
- 2+ years of direct management experience of highly technical engineers.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or another quantitative field. We will consider equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in delivering multiple complex technical projects within an Agile environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficiency with backend systems built using microservices, containerized infrastructure, and modern continuous delivery practices.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of team building and people management.
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to reach stretch goal in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Fun. It is one of our core tenets.
- Work life balance, with efficient work from home environments today and modern offices standing by for future times.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.