Human Resource Specialist
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a HR Specialist at Splunk in Tokyo, Japan, you will have knowledge of the key functional areas of HR. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will help you successfully provide support on a broad spectrum of employee, manager or partner requests. You will be a champion of our culture and ensure treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our values, core competencies, leadership and conduct expectations.
As Splunk's People Operations Team (SPOT for short), we are chartered to provide both proactive and reactive support for HR Programs and the employee lifecycle. As part of this relatively new team, you will contribute to the build out of the HR shared service function. To support this objective, you will support employees, managers and partners via phone/email/chat. You will also have project related activities within a line of business and/or a functional HR area. The ability to be flexible and to balance between dedicated projects and day to day activities is important for your success.
Responsibilities - You will:
- Provide first level global support for employees via phone/email/chat according to established guidelines and procedures
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding employees
- Assemble monthly health committee, take minutes and keep records
- Coordinate company doctor consultation(s)
- Manage, audit, and validate data as well as create and run requested reports
- Help design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback
- Complete Workday transactions as needed
- Complete HR administrative work (statutory HR process, reporting, filing) in timely manner, by partnering with multiple counterparts
- Work on dedicated HR programs and projects that improve the employee and manager experience
- Engage with others for continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices
- Partner in a Subject Matter Expert capacity for any one or more of the following: HR functional area(s), line(s) of business, or HR program(s) to develop depth in that area
- Analyze, diagnose, and provide input to the design of HR programs, policies, and practices
- Have at least 3 years of HR experience
- Fluent in both English and Japanese
- Bachelor's degree; advanced degree, or other specialized training
- Solid awareness of the regulatory environment within the region
- Great teammate have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Build trust and rapport in the context of daily interactions in a remote environment
- Provide excellent customer service to internal and external employees to build relationships and improve satisfaction
- Technically proficient in Google Suite and MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Available for occasional travel, based on business needs
- Handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Develop an objective point of view, aligned with Splunk’s values and can navigate different agendas and desired outcomes, by being curious, balanced, equitable and able to operate with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Have international HR experience and have worked in a shared service environment
- Be able to work autonomously with minimal day to day direction
- Highly analytical thinker and a problem solver
- Pay attention to detail and are extremely organized
- Be able to map processes and propose improvements
- Have experience with Workday and ServiceNow
- Be able to act with a sense of urgency, bias for action, fast pace, and desire to thrive in a dynamically growing environment
- Hold high-quality discernment and sound decision-making
- Have strong time management skills with ability to prioritize, manage project work, meet deadlines and manage multiple activities
- Confident and an innovative thinker and are not satisfied with "checking the box"
- Certified HR professional
PLEASE NOTE AS THIS ROLE REQUIRES ENGLISH FLUENCY WE WOULD LIKE TO SEE ALL APPLICATIONS AND CV’s IN ENGLISH.
We value diversity at Splunk. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.