Engineering Manager, Cloud Applications
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Splunk Cloud Apps team is building Splunk applications and capabilities on the Splunk Cloud Platform. We are looking for an experienced hands-on engineering leader to help manage and grow a team of passionate engineers to develop cloud native and hybrid applications for our IT Markets and Security groups.
You are someone who thrives in a dynamic environment and has a track record of technical expertise (Cloud, SaaS) and management responsibility. You will grow, hire and establish your team. You will guide, mentor and motivate them to deliver the best work they can do. You will act as a liaison between your team and Senior Management, Product Management, Project Management, Cloud Platform teams etc.
- Experience developing and delivering scalable, full-stack SAAS solutions.
- Experience with cloud native application development with APIs, microservices, service mesh concepts etc.
- Experience building, developing and deploying products and services to production using DevOps principles like continuous build, integration and delivery, test-driven development and build/test/release automation.
- BS CS/EE or equivalent with 8+ years of industry experience, of which 2+ years is in Engineering Management
Roles and Responsibilities:
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software.
- Play a Hands-on Technical Lead role who will be very familiar with the technical work design and development of the features and be able to get involved at the development and code level as required.
- Python and/or Golang development experience is desired.
- You will champion an atmosphere of continuous improvement by serving as a coach, mentor, and technical advisor.
- You will meet 1-1 with team members on a regular basis.
- You will plan and support career development.
- You will recruit and retain top talent.
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.