Senior/Principal Product Manager Data Platform
Senior/Principal Product Manager Data Platform
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for committed Senior/Principal level Product Managers to drive the definition, development and adoption of our core enterprise platform, and have a significant impact on the industry leading machine data platform.
You will use your understanding of the data platforms, scalability and high availability to synthesize ideas that improve Splunk's Enterprise and Cloud offerings, and your cross-team collaboration skills will enable those improvements to spread across all of Splunk’s products.
You will collaborate with Engineering, QA, UX, field teams and customers to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products.
You will merge attention to technical detail with ability to understand and align to business imperatives, while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Own the "whole" product experience
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs
- Build product roadmap based on customers needs, market and technology trends
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups and acceptance criteria in collaboration with engineering or independently
- Interact and collaborate with Cloud SREs, SEs and customer success teams, to understand customer issues and drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with engineering, QA and support teams to plan, drive and execute product releases cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing and partner teams to support content creation and product messaging
- 5-7 years of experience in product management
- Experience as a Product Manager with data platform, storage and clustering technologies
- Technical background in data management, high availability, scalability monitoring and system performance
- Deep understanding of data platform market, trends, competition and industry
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
- Experience with building large scale data management, monitoring and cloud platforms
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data driven product decision-making
- Hands-on experience with data analysis tools (SQL, CQL, ..)
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and agile software development
- Passion for solving challenging technical problems and building enterprise products with intuitive user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.