Business Value Consultant
Business Value Consultant
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Evangelize the business value of Splunk inside and outside the company!
- Become an expert in Splunk selling methodology while driving adoption
- Consult on the value selling process with field sales teams and sales leaders supporting opportunities with new and existing Splunk customers
- Contribute to opportunities directly, engaging with clients and performing interviews to build the business case or document business value realized by the customer
- Research client business goals and initiatives and align Splunk to them
- Perform strategic business and financial analysis in support of opportunities
- Articulate solution enablers and core Splunk differentiators to solve customers’ business challenges
- Build financial benefits analysis models for practitioners and field sales teams
- Leverage existing value selling material and tools to develop future deliverables
- Review and improve deliverables based on field and customer feedback
- Leverage innovative approaches, tools, methodologies to facilitate further adoption and success in value selling
- Assist with Splunk’s on-boarding process and on-going field enablement efforts with value selling training, knowledge management, etc
- Contribute to demand generation and thought leadership through executive presentations, blogs, webinars, speaking opportunities, whitepapers, etc.
- Regularly provide relevant field experience insights to key stakeholders in product management, marketing, engineering,
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum 15+ years experience of which 5+ years professional experience in selling to IT or working in IT, with proven track record of advising senior business and IT decision makers on specific value selling, value engineering, or consulting experience a plus
- Prior experience in enterprise software is a MUST
- Experience in IT Operation & Management software, solution or consulting would be a plus.
- Prior experience in Japan is also a MUST
- Strong sales strategy analysis
- Good understanding of how IT supports the business
- Solid business case creation and analysis skills
- Consultative selling approach
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills at professional level.
- Excellent financial and business acumen in multiple business functional areas
- Solid analytic capabilities
- A thought leader and evangelist
- Customer success focused
- Quality focused and Results driven
- Self-starter and developer
- Positive team member and collaborator
- Native level fluency in Japanese, business communication skills, both written and verbal in English
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.