Solutions Architect - Cloud, Sales Engineering
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
Our Splunk Family are a focused and collaborative bunch spanning functions across sales, customer success, support, marketing and G&A functions. We love to work as a team, celebrate success and learn from our losses. We have a great team culture with end of quarter celebrations, volunteering activities and a culture based on respect, transparency and always doing the right thing.
Job Description: That’s a cool job, I want it!
Splunk Cloud Solutions Architects are domain experts on the Splunk Cloud services, cloud service providers (CSPs), and demonstrating data from cloud services. As one of Splunk’s senior-most technical presales resources, you will be a catalyst for securing the technical win on strategic and sophisticated opportunities.
A successful Cloud Solutions Architect will not only maintain a deep technical understanding of cloud products and services, but also build multi-functional relationships, and create collateral to build scale and impact Splunk’s rapid growth rate.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Serve as the highest-level technical escalation in support of Splunk Cloud services, and cloud-related pre-sales efforts including operationalizing cloud service data in Splunk
- Engage with APAC sales teams including both strategic commercial and public sector accounts
- Provide standard methodologies and root cause analysis of the most complex technology challenges -- This may include building test environments and experiments, establishing ad-hoc teams of experts, and/or collaborating with Product Management and Engineering
- Act as an internal technical SME, fielding questions related to Splunk Cloud services, and cloud services provided by Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Amazon Web Services
- Develop and deliver technical training for internal and external audiences covering both Splunk Cloud and public cloud services
- Articulate the value of solutions at sophisticated sales stages and at high-impact marketing or tradeshow events such as Splunk’s annual user conference
- Maintain and extend personal expertise related to evolving and newly emerging technologies underpinning the latest industry trends and prototype solutions for integration with Splunk
- Influence product capabilities and direction based on crosscutting customer challenges and needs
- You will be a self-starter who is motivated by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & solve business problems using Splunk.
Key Candidate Differentiators:
- 7+ years of experience in a senior technical pre-sale and/or delivery capacity
- demonstrated ability architecting and/or implementing Splunk Enterprise
- 3+years of experience working with a CSP IaaS and PaaS offerings
- Possess deep knowledge and expertise in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platform service, certifications a plus
- Experience operationalising data cloud services for specific use cases
- Experience creating, communicating and presenting technical content for large and diverse audiences, including CxOs
- Expertise in at least one scripting language (Python, bash, etc.) is highly desirable
- Expertise with an enterprise data streaming capability (e.g., DSP, Confluent, Kinesis) including architecture, deployment, sources/sinks, functions and building pipelines
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering subject area (e.g., computer science, electrical engineering, information systems, or similar) -- outstandingly well-qualified candidates with equivalent experience will be considered
Ability to travel up to 25% (when/where public health conditions allow due to COVID-19)
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
Splunk is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.