Demand Generation & Inside Sales Manager
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
We are seeking an extraordinary sales leader to join our team and help us lead, motivate and build a team of Demand Generation and Inside Sales Representatives in Australia/ New Zealand (ANZ). This is an amazing opportunity for you to manage our D&G/ Inside Sales Hub in Melbourne and scale the team as the business continues to grow. In addition to requisite passion, skills and experience, you will have a measurable track record in building and managing high performing sales teams. You will play a key role in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk and help carve the path for this dynamic team. Does it sound like you?
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that
- Directly manage a Demand Generation and Inside Sales team within ANZ and work closely with Field Marketing, Field Sales & Sales Operations
- Consistently deliver ambitious license, support and service revenue targets – dedication to the number and to deadlines
- Player/coach: Hands on with the team; very involved with sales calls, opportunity management, and strategy
- Working with the Inside Sales team around accurately forecasting on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis. This will require, but not be limited to holding weekly forecast reviews and deal strategy sessions
- Support AVP in implementing strategic initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment
- Work with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion
- Hire, train, retain the right team to match our growth
- Good corporate citizen – a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly marketing
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that
- Previous experience of hiring, building and coaching front line sales teams within a fast growing technology/ digital company
- Experience growing and scaling a team; second line management experience a plus
- Experience developing and implementing career development plans for your team and provide structured and unstructured learning for team
- Experience selling and consulting with fortune 1000, small and medium-sized companies and selling a complex technology solution
- Direct and channel selling experience to enterprise and major accounts
- Very comfortable talking to technical stakeholders, the lines of business and the “C” Suite
- Strong executive presence and polish
- Forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Process driven, adhere to rules of engagement
- Analytical – You have an eye for ROI and execution as well as review on key lead generation campaigns
- Extraordinary management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Use CRM systems (Sales Force) and other lead generation/ reporting tools extensively
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.