Director, Global Channel
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Location: Preferred SF Bay Area (close to one of our offices in San Francisco or San Jose) but will consider other areas in the U.S.
Are you passionate about the channel ecosystem within a software organization? Do you love defining strategy and execution so that an organization can sell utilize the channel for optimal growth? If you answered yes to these questions, then we have your dream job here at Splunk. In this role you will be responsible for driving the global strategy, planning, and execution within each segment in collaboration with the Partner Theater organizations. You will define mutual goals, objectives and build awareness and support of overall strategic benefits of the Channel org. You will evangelizes Splunk’s products in conjunction with recruiting key partnerships and provide financial analyses, long-range forecasting and analysis studies associated with potential alliances/partnerships. This role is tied to the results of the Global Channel Sales.
- Build meaningful relationships and execute our global partner strategy with the Sales theater leads
- Will be expected to heat map and assess current partner coverage for Distribution and Reseller.
- Will use this information to figure out if we have the right Distis; where we don’t identify gaps, create recruitment targets, conduct RFPs. Provide coverage mapping, identify gaps, establish recruitment targets
- Team with the our Partner Programs org to provide strategic inputs on the partner program as it relates to driving the business for Distribution and Resellers.
- Help provide a centralized view of Distribution dynamics to help provide input into how we are building the Disti partner program globally; same for Reseller; provide a POV on what we are incentivizing
- Collaborate with our Partner theatre leaders to understand local dynamics/include their inputs, plus execute the global channel strategy with/through the theaters.
- Lead initiatives within the global partner strategy that are executed via distribution/reseller. E.g.one example might be to Consolidate a view on New Logo and how a segment level plan is executed via all the theaters.
- Effectively use data to recognize trends and anticipate challenges in the partner ecosystem.
- Represent the business to the senior leadership teams across channel, sales and offering management from the product segment perspective.
- Provide strategy, analysis, support, ideas and guidance to regional geography channel leadership teams.
- Provide insight and requirements to business partner enablement team to coordinate on priorities, plans and execution.
- Identify metrics and monitors ongoing program performance, making adjustments as necessary.
- Provides periodic updates on program performance to executive staff, including analysis of performance and recommendations of changes as necessary.
- Assesses partner sales, technical proficiency and readiness to execute against Splunk channel strategy on ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with product marketing and region partners to design, develop and implement cloud go to market initiatives. Accurately sizes and requests budget as necessary to support such initiatives. Monitors progress and reports out quarterly in terms of execution status and ROI.
- Makes recommendations annually as to structure and value of partner proposition available to partners by working with Splunk
- Be a good corporate citizen – two-way flow of meaningful and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Global Channel management expertise within an enterprise software company
- Ability to grow and scale upward with the company (2 billion and beyond); second line management experience a plus
- 10+ years direct and channel selling experience to large enterprises
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite and success negotiating six and seven figure MSP software licensing transactions
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Ability to build business cases and meaningful relationships with the right partners and internal customers
- Strong champion building experience
- Ability to coach and develop peers and superiors alike
- Exceptional management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Able to work independently and remotely from other members of your team and corporate
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- Track record of success and knowledge with prospects and customers in the defined territory
- Bachelors degree preferred; MBA a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.