Best Practices Associate
Title: Best Practice Associate
Do you want to make an immediate impact? Do you want to help change the world? In this newly created role we are looking for skilled communicators that are able to work effectively on the front lines and behind the scenes. You will have an instinctive ability to provide guidance to field sales and customers regarding standard policies and procedures as well as communicating recommendations from various other business units within Splunk (best practices, finance, legal etc.).
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who is highly organized, intellectually curious, a fast learner, and able to move quickly while keeping focused on high work volume with limited direction and supervision. This is a full-time position and is located in TBD.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Drive significant value for the sales force and act as a Subject Matter Expert for standard policies and procedures for organizations such as product management, legal, finance and the channel.
- Liaison between Legal, Finance and Operations to expedite decisions and track approvals for special requests.
- Work with field sales and customers to structure transactions that meet our needs and the customers’ interests
- Presenting pricing models, including value selling tools to customers and negotiate business terms
- When needed, advise our customers on Splunk’s standard policies.
- Help our customers realize the value of Splunk by assisting the field with financial modeling, ROI and value selling.
- Be a good corporate citizen – two way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Assists senior members with advising process and procedure changes for the sales organization that improve sales velocity.
- Manage contract workflow to accelerate the paper process internally in order to serve our customers better.
- Provide strategic guidance and influence to the field while driving adherence to established ethical, business, legal and financial principles
- Travel 25% throughout the defined territory.
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- English speaking. Preferred: TBD based on GEO
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Strong executive presence and polish with the ability to negotiate at the executive level
- Comfortable speaking with customers and negotiating with procurement.
- Ability to work with various different disciplines (legal, finance, etc) as well as customers
- 2-3 years Salesforce.com experience in operational capacity
- Demonstrated excellence with both salesforce.com and excel
- Proven strength in process adherence and high attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities with management support
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.