Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As an HR Generalist, you will have knowledge and experience in the key functional areas of HR with an emphasis on Labor and Employee Relations (ER) across EMEA. Strong communication and interpersonal skills will help you work successfully on a broad spectrum of employee issues and projects. You are a champion of our culture and ensure treatment of employees is fair, respectful, and consistent with our values, competencies, leadership and conduct expectations.
Splunk's People Operations Team is chartered to provide both proactive and reactive support for HR Programs and the employee lifecycle. We are a relatively new team and you will have the opportunity to contribute to the build out of this HR function. Your ability to balance between dedicated projects and urgent response is important for success in this role.
- Support managers and employees in ALL aspects of HR services through research, education and problem solving
- Support dedicated HR Programs that improve the employee and manager experience (e.g. Focal, Calibration, Bonus, Promotion)
- Manage ER issues that are highly sensitive and often need to be completed with limited time such as workplace investigations, meaningful interventions, performance management, and coaching
- Manage labour relations within a defined set of countries in EMEA including works councils/employee representatives/unions
- Counsel managers on disciplinary actions, procedures and appropriate documentation
- Facilitate performance management providing feedback and coaching to leaders.
- Act in a Subject Matter Expert capacity for anyone for more of the following: HR functional area(s), geography, line(s) of business, or HR Program(s)
- Collaborate with business leaders, HR Business Partner teams, and HR Centers of Excellence to create and maintain positive ER using standard methodologies
- Develop and deliver training modules in conjunction with our Learning and Development team
- Facilitate new-employee orientation and ensure appropriate onboarding process of new employees.
- Help design, collect, and analyze multiple levels of employee feedback and develop measurable plans for improvement
- Partner with others to engage in continuous improvement in communication vehicles and practices
- Analyze, diagnose, and provide input to the design of HR programs, policies, and practices
- Maintain documentation relating to people activities such as onboarding, training, grievances, and disciplinary actions, in addition to maintaining personnel files.
- Extensive HR experience with much of that in employee relations, labour relations, and/or labour/employment law
- Can develop an objective point of view, aligned with Splunk’s values and can navigate different agendas and desired outcomes, by being curious, balanced, equitable and able to operate with demonstrated emotional intelligence
- Able to build trust and rapport in the context of remote interactions
- You have successfully facilitated timely resolution of ER issues: understanding the “art” of ER is the ability to elicit relevant facts and perspectives while applying the “science” of a strong process and set of standards
- Bachelor's degree; or other specialized training in labour/ER
- High-quality judgment and sound decision-making
- Proficient in Google Suite, MS Office, Workday and ServiceNow
- You handle confidential information in a mature and professional manner
- Fluency in both spoken and written English and Polish
- You are available for travel up to 20%, based on business needs
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.