Cloud Business Enablement Analyst
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As an Operations Analyst, you will be responsible for identifying and executing solutions to optimize Splunk costs. Your primary focus will be to analyze infrastructure costs and determine solutions to maintain and optimize overall spend. You will partner with all Splunk departments to control their Cloud spend. Joining our team will allow you an opportunity to make an impact in driving the future processes of Splunk Cloud. Splunk offers the chance to work with cutting-edge technology in a collaborative, exciting, and dynamic environment.
What You'll Be Doing:
Manage infrastructure costs
- Manage infrastructure spend across the company to ensure efficient consumption and spend
- Partner cross functionally to implement cost management policies and strategies
- Create reporting and monitoring to ensure awareness of cost trending
- Craft and execute companywide RI management to ensure optimal cost savings across all functional groups at Splunk
- Collaborate with Finance, Engineering, Product, IT teams to drive cost savings projects and initiatives
Monitoring of infrastructure usage
- Build monitoring and reporting to identify inconsistent consumption against expected models
- Detect unexpected spikes in consumption across company to identify non-budgeted expenses
- Create and implement a strategy to forecast spend for operational and financial modeling
- Develop a process that will forecast overall spend for overall budgeting and financial planning
- Set individual spend targets for Product teams and measure performance against expectations / budgets.
Who You Are & What Makes You Qualified:
- 5+ years experience as an Operations, Business or Systems analyst
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills – written and verbal -- to work cross functionally within the organization
- Hands on experience with public cloud service providers, like AWS or GCP, with emphasis on infrastructure
- Working knowledge of Splunk and/or SignalFX
- Strong analytical and technical skills to work on complex business issues
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.