Principal Product Manager - Search
Join us as we pursue our disruptive vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is looking for committed Product Managers to drive the definition, development and adoption of our core platform monitoring and management capabilities, and ensure end-to-end success in this market.
You will use your understanding of the data platforms, analytics and big data ecosystem to synthesize ideas that improve Splunk's platform monitoring, and your cross-team collaboration skills will enable those improvements to spread across all of Splunk’s products.
You will collaborate with a team of engineers, QA, UX and customers to continue Splunk’s tradition of building groundbreaking products.
You will merge attention to technical detail with ability to understand and align to business imperatives, while working hand-in-glove with cross-functional execution teams to drive customer insights and inputs directly into the development process.
As with any fast-growing company, day-to-day responsibilities will span the entire product management lifecycle and include deep interaction with customers, sales, and engineering.
- Own the "whole" product experience
- Engage with customers, develop insights into what is possible, and uncover unarticulated customer needs to drive customer success
- Build product roadmap based on customers needs, market and technology trends
- Define product specs, user stories, mockups and acceptance criteria in collaboration with engineering or independently
- Interact and collaborate with Support, NOC, and field teams, to understand customer issues and drive business outcomes
- Collaborate with Engineering, QA, SRE and release teams to plan, drive and execute product releases cycles.
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of customer driven messaging and content
- 5-7 years of experience in product management
- Experience as a Product Manager building search platform products with focused on query optimization, language semantics, performance and scalability
- Storage network experience
- Familiarity with lambda architectures, batch/stream data processing and metadata management
- Strong sense of customer empathy to care deeply about customer problems and user experience
- Strong analytical skills and data driven product decision-making mindset
- Collaborative team player, with strong communication skills, including the ability to translate complex technical products and features into simple concepts and presentations
- Experience with building large scale data management, search, and monitoring cloud platforms
- Deep understanding of data platform market, trends, competition and industry
- Strong bias for action, creative thinking, innovation and data driven product decision-making
- Exposure to cloud infrastructure and agile software development
- Passion for solving exciting technical problems and building enterprise products with intuitive user experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred or equivalent practical experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Splunk. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.