Senior/Principal Product Manager - Cloud Services
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly, to each other’s success.
As the Senior/Principal Product Manager - Cloud Services, you will work with your engineering and architecture counterparts to define and drive services that are the foundation for our self-service cloud platform. You will contribute to the mission of delivering innovative cloud services at scale.
Do you possess an outstanding blend of business and technical savvy, critical thinking and tactical execution? Are you are a hands-on leader? Are you passionate about evangelizing a transformative vision for Splunk’s new cloud services? Join us to collaborate with and drive a team of innovators and engineers; and help develop new ideas based on your experience and contact with customers, prospects and partners.
The position is based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco, California with additional development offices in San Jose, California and Seattle, Washington.
- Ensure understanding of market direction, emerging customer needs, features, and functional requirements from which the product and engineering teams can design and implement new offerings.
- Collaborate with product and development teams in the application groups to develop and evolve core platform services.
- Understand similar offerings in the market and formulate a strategy around how to address common business challenges with creative and disruptive solutions.
- Partner closely with the engineering team to help resolve technical implementation methods as well as execution schedule.
- 8+ years in product management at an enterprise software company.
- In-depth experience in multiple areas such as Authentication, Authorization, Data Analytics, Machine Learning.
- Healthy understanding of IAM space (vendors/protocols/deployment models), Authorization models, and SSO (Single-Sign-On) experiences.
- Have released products that had a strong identity management and/or security aspect to it
- Knowledge of compliance regulations such as SOC-2, ISO and PCI
- You bring experience and familiarity with software products/services for IT management, big data, and/or business analytics.
- You've developed enterprise cloud/software platforms that have been successfully embraced by the ecosystem.
- You have a good understanding of distributed systems and design patterns for building scalable platforms
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, innovative, enterprise technology environment.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (e.g. EE, CS); MBA or similar degree highly preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Splunk. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.