Technology Advocate/Developer Relations – DevOps, ITOps, SRE (Remote US Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As Splunk's Technology Advocate & Developer Relations for DevOps, ITOps, and SRE, you will be able to demonstrate your positive profile and broad reach, your deep understanding of relevant technologies and trends, and your excellent communications ability to drive excitement for VictorOps, Splunk, and other cool technologies.
Using your technology experience and communication skills, you will be able to educate, influence, excite, and activate buyers and influencers through public appearances (conferences and events); publications (blogs, journal articles); multi-media (webinars, podcasts, videos); direct engagement (with customers and prospects); and ‘influencer’ engagement (leaders with vision, bloggers, analysts, press).
This role is part of the global IT Markets Technology Advocacy team, working with the Chief Technology Advocate for IT Markets. You will have the opportunity to work closely with Sales, SE, Marketing, and other teams at Splunk.
This role requires a strong hands-on product and practitioner background, plus superb communication skills – written and verbal, in-person and remote, for large audiences and small. You will represent Splunk as a strategic leader with vision and influencer in the ITOps, DevOps, and SRE communities.
- You will present thought-leading topics at tradeshows, conferences, events, and meetups in three key modes: earned (invited through CFPs and personal networking); paid (events we sponsor – like DevOps Days or AWS re:Invent); owned (events we put on – like .conf or SplunkLive)
- You will work directly with customers to help them be successful by answering product/usage questions, proposing new and alternative solutions, sharing knowledge and insight about other customers and outcomes. These will be done in person and via phone, email, chat, social media, and forums.
- You will use your creativity and talent to provide a steady cadence of engaging and informative content. This includes blogs, tutorials, podcasts, journal articles, videos, presentations, papers, etc., while working with partners on joint success stories and marketing campaigns, and some ghost-writing for our busy senior leaders.
- You will help create a notable and positive presence among relevant influencer communities by engaging vocal practitioners (in customer/prospect organizations) and pundits (analysts, press, bloggers and more) through different avenues such as meetups, social media, forums, and online communities
- You will contribute and impact sales success by providing a knowledgeable, informative, and helpful source of insight and experience for direct customer meetings, seminars and workshops, customer and executive briefings, field sales events, etc.
- We are looking for at least 5 years working with IT Systems Management, IT Operations, Web/Cloud Development, DevOps, Systems Administration, Site Reliability Engineering, or equivalent areas
- 10 years overall experience in related areas is ideal but we are flexible for the right skillset and experience
- You know how to create and deliver in-person and web-based presentations on thought-leading topics, including conference keynotes, breakout sessions, meetups, and webinars
- You have the ability to create content and publish thought-leading technology topics – incl. blog posts, vidcasts/podcasts, journal articles, interviews, and white papers
- You have experience in a software sales environment, ideally in a technical customer-facing role (pre-sales engineer, solutions architect, product management, product marketing)
- You have working knowledge of New IT technologies and approaches - including cloud-native, DevOps, ChatOps, agile, SRE, containers, automation/orchestration, and other similar concepts
- If you have experience as a Technology Evangelist, it is helpful but not required; however, an existing body of public content (blogs, podcasts, papers, presentations, videos, etc.) is important
- Splunk and/or VictorOps experience is ideal, but experience with alternative and/or complementary solutions in IT Operations, SRE, and DevOps will be considered positively
- You identify as a self-starter who enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative environment, able to set and meet objectives with minimal direct supervision, with the dedication to be awesome every single day
- You are an open collaborator who enjoys interacting with others at all levels (especially hands-on technology geeks!) in both professional and social settings
- You are able to travel as needed for the position. This role will include an estimated 50% or more travel, including on some (though hopefully very few) weekends.
- You have a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related discipline
- We will consider a Bachelor of Arts degree coupled with substantial experience in IT Ops/DevOps
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.