Senior Manager, Penetration Testing and Threat & Vulnerability Management (US Remote Available)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a Threat & Vulnerability Management (TVM) leader to support the strategic direction of Splunk Global Security, protecting the company as it becomes a multibillion dollar business. In this role you will manage our Threat & Vulnerability and offensive security teams. The role is cross-functional, and you will be leading efforts to protect the Splunk attack surface. Key to your success is blending business insight with the vision to deliver security services that optimize the hyper-growth nature of Splunk while guarding its assets, people, and processes from a range of threat actors.
- Manage a team of highly technical offensive security professionals
- Pursue operational strategies to scale TVM capabilities
- Build partnerships between TVM and other Splunk business units to enable vulnerability and red teaming assessments against Splunk products, infrastructure and business systems
- Define frameworks and strategies to enable sustainable remediation
- Define and execute strategy to conduct red team assessments and adversary emulation engagements
- Collaborate with 3rd parties including consulting firms and security researchers on coordinating assessments, validating vulnerability reports/findings and influencing remediation
- Engagement with the security and bug bounty research community
- Liaise with internal Compliance teams to ensure that appropriate scanning, testing, reporting and mitigation is being performed to meet compliance requirements
- Provide leadership and mentoring including technical and personal development for team members.
- Some travel may be required for work with the leadership team, planning and other activities
- 7+ years of experience in information security and 3+ years leading a TVM team
- 5+ years of experience in a medium to large sized IT organization with a large cloud footprint
- Maintain current knowledge of threat landscape, attacker techniques and mitigations
- Demonstrable experience with penetration testing tools and tactics
- Hands on experience coordinating red teaming and purple teaming exercises
- In-depth knowledge of infrastructure and application security concepts and tools
- Experience partnering with members of the security community including security consulting firms and security researchers
- Strategic, but also detail-oriented and hands-on
- Ability to evolve security strategy based on research, data, business direction, and industry trends
- Use a data driven approach to report on security posture and influence decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.A./B.S or equivalent work experience
- You are eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.