Senior Director, Corporate Communications
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As the Senior Director, Corporate Communications, you will lead a hardworking team of Communications professionals to scale the Splunk story as we enter the next phase of our high-growth journey. You will successfully promote the best of Splunk to customers, influencers, and stakeholders, building meaningful engagement and positioning Splunk as a recognized and respected global voice. In this role you will manage traditional, digital and social media; executive and crisis communications; public and analyst relations; thought leadership programs and the talented teams that make these programs possible.
You will be a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading communications programs globally. Reporting to the VP of Corporate Marketing, you must have experience across public and analyst relations, social media, executive communications, crisis communications, and thought leadership campaigns, as well as advising executive leadership.
The position is based at Splunk’s headquarters in San Francisco, California and is a fantastic opportunity for the right leader to join a fast-growing, dynamic and market-leading enterprise technology company.
The Senior Director, Corporate Communications will focus on the following responsibilities:
- Define the Corporate Communications vision and strategy, and lead the team to deliver extraordinary results
- Proactively build communications campaigns to advance the company's mission, strategy, results and culture
- Lead an experienced global media relations team to deliver breakthrough PR across business and trade media
- Oversee the Analyst Relations team to ensure Splunk is positioned as a leader in key analyst rankings
- Develop thoughtful narratives and raise the profiles of executive leaders through our Executive Communications function
- Expand social media reach and engagement, and develop authentic influencer relationships across a broad spectrum of social channels
- Serve as Company spokesperson as needed for certain media, analyst and public speaking engagements
- Inspire, build, and lead a strong team by coaching and developing existing team members
- Bring strong vision and leadership to evolve the function by building new programs and developing required skills
- Work closely with the Corporate Marketing leadership team to define the strategic objectives for the function and build strong working relationships to deliver as a team
15+ years of B2B corporate marketing and communications leadership/management experience, including:
- Direct experience in enterprise software industry and SaaS
- Demonstrated expertise in driving multi-channel awareness and establishing a corporate voice
- Strong communicator, oral and written, with confidence to develop and present ideas
- Balance of strategic vision and tactical execution
- High degree of creativity, flexibility, energy and enthusiasm
- Adept at managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Excellent planning, organizational and project management skills
- Demonstrated experience developing communications strategy and tactics, and making recommendations as it relates to new situations
- Proven experience with change management and organizational transformation
- BA or equivalent experience
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.