Technical Support Engineer
Technical Support Engineer
Responsibilities: I can do that!
- Ability to take ownership of their issues, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems across a range of environments
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively manage the customer relationship
- Ability to closely with the Product Management and Development teams and engage with other internal resources to champion product concerns and enhancements
- Must be able to work in a fast paced work-environment and support a product on the Agile Development Life-Cycle, with frequent product releases and regular maintenance updates
- Must have the ability to shift gears and focus is essential when supporting a product like Splunk
- Must also provide documentation content and participate in online forum support for real-time questions from Splunk users
Requirements: I’ve already got that!
- 5 years prior experience in a similar role supporting technical end users
- Strong technical software background
- Fluency in Japanese and English
- Strong experience in UNIX (AIX, Solaris and/or Linux), HPUX
- Prior working experiences with partners will be a plus
- An ability to learn quickly, and a passion for solving technical problems
- Superior written and oral communication skills a must
- Highly developed, process-oriented skills for troubleshooting, problem solving, and problem resolution
- Assist in testing of solutions
- Strong understanding of Regular Expressions (Regex)
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, a related discipline or equivalent work experience
Splunk is the leading provider of operational intelligence software used to monitor, report and analyze real-time machine data as well as terabytes of historical data located on premise or in the cloud. Almost half of the Fortune 100 and more than 2,600 enterprises, service providers and government organizations in 78 countries use Splunk to improve service levels, reduce IT Operations costs, mitigate security risks, and drive new levels of operational visibility.
Our employees are some of the brightest minds in search technology and business and have built some of the technology industry's most innovative IT management products of the last decade. Splunk was voted as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area for 4 years running.
Our HQ is located in San Francisco and we also just opened offices in Cupertino and Seattle.
Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business.
There’s no stopping our momentum. Join us and help us to continue doing something truly special and have a blast doing it, too.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Health Care, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, PTO and sick leave, etc
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
To all recruitment agencies: Splunk does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Splunk employees or any other company location. Splunk is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Splunk is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.