Director, Security Sales Specialist AMER
Join us as we pursue our ground-breaking new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success.
You will be responsible for Splunk's Security bookings in the Americas sales theater and assist in developing and executing the go to market strategy for Splunk Security solutions by leading a team of Security Specialists. As a security sales leader you will also act as the liaison representing America’s business needs for Security to the market group through the Global Security Specialist leader. You will develop and execute a supporting business plan that is fully aligned with the Security business unit. You have a solid understanding of Splunk’s Security solutions. You bring management experience in leading teams focused on helping customers solve their complex cybersecurity challenges. This role will report to the leader of the Global Leader of Security Specialist Sales.
This role will report to the leader of the Global Leader of Security Specialization. Location preferred: NYC but we will consider major cities in New England, Northeast areas (preferred) but will consider major U.S. cities too.
- Lead the Security Sales Specialist team in AMER helping the field organization and Splunk partners executing to build, grow and speed Security pipeline to close.
- Deliver key services like account planning and strategy, customer facing workshops, specialist presentations, enablement, and domain specific issues to achieve business goals and customer success.
- Evangelize the Security solutions portfolio internally and externally via workshops, webinars, and SplunkLive! to customers, prospects, and partners.
- Use our Specialist and Sales methodology and established processes effectively while assisting in their evolution.
- Assist in the evolution of Splunk’s selling, customer adoption, and success through innovation and automation designed to drive scale in Security.
- Lead, report, and analyze the pipeline and forecast for the Security business.
- Represent the Splunk Security business unit to the field and partner community and help unify our GTM strategy.
- Establish and maintain credibility with the field as Security subject matter experts providing incremental value to the sales motion, customer adoption, and success.
- Hire the right team of specialists to match our culture and fuel our growth.
- Be a good corporate citizen – provide a two-way flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources.
- 7+ years leadership, including second line manager experience building and running enterprise security sales teams with customer-facing responsibilities; ability to grow and scale upward with the company
- 15+ years of high-tech field experience in sales, sales engineering, professional services, or consulting (and excellent reputation within the security world as a leader)
- Proven Track Record in over-achieving quarterly and annual goals in a field-supporting or sales role.
- CISSP or other security relevant certification and/or 3+ years of relevant technical experience
- Excellent understanding of the cloud security operations and trends.
- Must have strong knowledge of the overall IT & security landscape.
- Strong background in Internet infrastructure, security, and enterprise solution software required, web-based applications a plus.
- Very comfortable in the “C” suite with a track record of success positively impacting sales, teamwork, strategy and vision
- Strong executive presence and polish internally and externally
- Successful experience working in a fast-paced, high growth, rapidly changing environment
- Familiar with product roadmap planning to incorporate customer requirements into Splunk service offerings.
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional teams tasked with full lifecycle support.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
LOCATION: Preferred NYC or NE but will consider any major city in the U.S.
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.