Director - Corporate PMO (Program Management Office)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Director - Corporate PMO is a leadership role focused on building up a Corporate Program Management office for Splunk. In this role, you will be responsible for driving portfolio alignment of large scale, global cross-functional programs tied to corporate priorities and initiatives. You will lead a team of highly skilled program managers to effectively deliver cross functional corporate level initiatives.
As Splunk continues to grow and expand our global footprint, we need to develop and implement a more robust and consistent framework for delivering on our cross functional corporate priorities and initiatives. To be successful in this role, you will need to have demonstrated operating a program management office, show strong business acumen in previous roles, have proven experience of leading large complex programs, and show that you are able to influence and collaborate effectively across a diverse set of stakeholders including senior executives to individual contributors, business to technical partners and teams.
You know how to translate strategy into execution by affecting change across people, process, technology, data, policy, etc. You have an appreciation for simplification and increasing the ease of doing business - and you are known for rolling up your sleeves to co-create high-quality solutions with business and technical teams.
You are a guru and SME when it comes to organizational problem solving and program management. You use these skills to measure performance and surface insights into future improvements.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Maintain and communicate enterprise-wide portfolio of programs interlocked with the corporate strategy
- Drive cross functional corporate initiatives from definition through adoption and continual performance monitoring
- Build up your teams program management capabilities, ensuring successful end to end program ownership, accountability, execution of timelines & dependencies, resource plan definition, risk & issue management, and continuous change management to deliver on-time, quality results for all relevant workstreams
- Develop an intake and prioritization frameworks to ensure we are solving the right problem in the right order to ensure value driven solutions
- Develop handoff or project closure procedures
- Collaborate with executive leadership and key business stakeholders serving as the core spokesperson for the corporate program management office
- Work with other functional PMOs to start to provide standardization across the organization for how the PMOs work and interlock against the corporate initiatives
- Provide increased visibility of all initiatives / programs / projects that require multiple eStaff stakeholders
- Instantiate estaff projects, high priority in-flight projects and ensure operationalization with the functions.
- Drive adoption of our program methodology and toolset
- Build a highly effective program management office through development and execution of a robust talent development plan
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- Minimum of 15 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 12 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 8 years’ experience; or equivalent experience
- Past experience in working for an executive function
- Demonstrates strong business acumen
- Strong Program Management/Project Management Skills and Experience
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Proven experience being successful with aligning cross functional team
- Experience working cross functionally across an executive staff to achieve organizational goals
- Strong validated experience with leadership, business insight, problem solving, critical thinking, project management, and analytical skills
- Knowledge of program/project management tools, methodologies, and practices
- Six Sigma background, a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.