Data Analytics Developer
Locations: Bay Area (CA), Plano (TX), London (UK) or Reading (UK)
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success.
Are you passionate about groundbreaking technology and helping your customers and peers succeed? Are you naturally curious and passionate about evangelizing the power of big data and data analytics for organizations of all sizes across different verticals? Would you like the opportunity to work at a fast-growing company that is changing the way that information is used to support business decisions? If you answered yes to these questions then we have a home for you at Splunk.
Splunk is seeking a highly motivated, inherently curious, results oriented individual to join our dynamic pre-sales team. You will partner closely with Splunk’s direct Sales Team on all aspects of opportunity development and technical selling across Splunk’s entire product and solution portfolio within the region. You will be the primary technical advisor for your customers, and their technical advocate within Splunk.
- Work within all levels of the SE org and external teams to help scope and define requirements for new or existing metrics/dashboards
- Support global sales engineering team with questions about SE analytics and implement fixes.
- Implement optimizations to UX and performance of Sales Engineering global analytics platform.
- Develop and Maintain new and existing tools that support global sales engineering operations. Examples include
- SE Activity Logging (SEAL) including developing a mobile optimized interface.
- SE Service Catalog browser
- Data integrations
- Demonstrate ability to quickly learn new products, solutions, markets, and technologies
- Strong ability to collaborate across different parts of the business including Sales, Professional Services, Education, Support, Marketing, Global Field Enablement, and more.
- Highly organized and analytical and will be able to eliminate sales obstacles using creative and adaptive approaches.
- Comfortable working for a dynamic technical organization with a fast-growing customer base.
- IMPORTANT We can teach you the technology, coach you on soft skills and educate you on processes. You should have a strong sense of self-motivation, an insatiable curiosity about what “is possible” with technology, the desire to work with an awesome team and a positive, fun-loving attitude.
- 5+ years related experience in selling and supporting software products to IT organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both written and oral, and an ability to communicate complex ideas to all levels of the business.
- Strong technical fundamentals in a relevant part of IT or Security markets (examples include networking, systems administration, development, application management, operations, etc.)
- Familiarity with programming or scripting a plus (e.g. C/C++, Shell, Perl, Python, etc.)
- Should be available to travel to visit prospects and customers in the region
- Desire to learn, grow and be a part of our expanding and dynamic Team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent years of similar experience; BA/BS in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or Information Systems is preferred
- Current Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader SIEM
- Named one of the “Best Places to Work” 10 years running
- Named in LinkedIn’s “Top Companies 2019: Where the U.S. wants to work now”
- Named in Deloitte Technology Fast 500 - 2018
- Named in Forbes 2018 World’s Best Employers
Are you looking for an incredible place to work that celebrates innovation, leadership and creativity? Please contact us. Splunk offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits. When you join Splunk you'll be working with a team of smart people who are as passionate about our products as our customers' success.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.