Senior Director, Splunk@Splunk
Ready to shake thigs up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey.
The leader for Splunk@Splunk plays a crucial role as the company grows and scales. The Splunk@Splunk team builds applications implementing Splunk that showcase the product's capabilities for our users. But more importantly, this team deploys Splunk within Splunk to solve real business problems. Ultimately, that helps Splunk shape our product roadmap and internal user adoption of Splunk. As the leader of this team you'll be at the forefront and responsible for these business outcomes.
Success in leading the Splunk@Splunk team requires close collaboration with Cloud, Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success and the Digital Organization to deliver and operate Splunk functionality. Your user base is the company. You will hold a Digital Office role accountable for alignment with field best practices when deploying Splunk. Since it's a showcase, the solutions need to directly align to how we deploy Splunk with our customers.
A successful Splunk@Splunk leader has a deep technical understanding of the current products, new capabilities and features, and is able to consult, coach, and explain complex topics to internal audiences and customers. The Splunk@Splunk Director oversees a team with a set of products, so the key aspect is the ability to prioritize, manage stakeholders, and lead the team in building solutions. Working across many customer-facing and operations teams, you will build internal processes and systems to streamline and optimize the customer’s experience using Splunk.
- Lead and manage the Splunk@Splunk team. As this team attracts some of the most skilled Splunk practitioners in the world, you have the technical acumen and the leadership skills to lead those employees.
- Set direction and priorities for the team to deliver the most business value fastest
- Identify where Splunk adoption can increase
- Leverage the tools and resources from cross-functional teams (i.e. training, Support, Customer Success) to maximize the Splunk@Splunk team’s impact
- Work with Cloud and the Products Organization to introduce new features and functionality into internal Splunk environments. This is one aspect of successful introduction of new features, capabilities, and products, ensuring those needs will be met during beta installations and feedback gathering sessions.
- As a service owner, ensure users get the business value from using Splunk.
- Act as the field point of contact for Splunk@Splunk. This is not only a service & solution but a sales resource for customers who want to improve business outcomes through the strategic use of Splunk.
- Demonstrate and articulate Splunk@Splunk vision to customers either onsite or remotely, and at field marketing events such as conferences and trade shows.
- Ability to learn new technologies underpinning the latest industry trends is critical.
- You will be a self-starter who is motivated by an intense desire to learn, grow, teach & solve business problems using Splunk.
- Have a working knowledge of multiple products in the Splunk portfolio.
- Proven track record leading teams both directly and indirectly in a global technology company.
- Demonstrable ability to influence outcomes and drive initiatives in complex environments with parties that have multiple interests.
- Past success defining and continuously optimizing Splunk build, run and operate processes, procedures and infrastructure.
- Experience in one or more functions IT, Professional Services, Sales Engineering or Customer Support/Success.
- Demonstrated sales acumen and experience working at all levels of a technical buying center, from engineering manager to CIO/CTO.
- Possesses strong presentation skills and communicate clearly and professionally at various levels both inside and outside the company.
- Working knowledge of Open Source and Big Data tools, trends, methodologies, and best practices.
- Possess knowledge and experience across multiple verticals and industries and be able to understand and articulate the technology landscape.
- Willingness to travel at least 25% of the time or as needed to support sales activities.
- Domain expertise with IT Operations, Application Management and/or Security/Compliance is also desirable
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.