Senior Manager, Devops & Infrastructure Engineering
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you passionate about large scale software development and the operational aspects required to support a CI/CD based engineering process that services thousands of software engineers worldwide? Do you have experience in designing, operating, administering and supporting mission-critical services in a large engineering organization? Do you have a passion for providing world-class customer service? Do you have experience pursuing vendors to fix critical bugs, influencing their roadmap and negotiating contracts? Do you want to take your career to the next level by leading a highly experienced DevOps engineering team who focus on tools, automation, CI/CD platforms using the latest and greatest container technologies?
Our ideal candidate is an individual who’s driven by technology and enjoys operations, automation and problem solving. Customer satisfaction, ensuring high availability and uptime of production systems is one of our core commitments and we work hard to strive for those while having fun, innovating and challenging status quo.
Areas of Responsibility:
As a DevOps Manager, not only will you be responsible for keeping our systems up and running, you will also help shape the architecture and infrastructure to smoothly run our systems and automate all aspects of our engineering environment. We treat our infrastructure as a code like the rest of our applications. While personality and ability to learn are keys to success on our team, you should already have the technical skills described in the job requirements below to hit the ground running.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead a DevOps engineering team who focus on all aspects of CI/CD infrastructure, tools, automation, and daily operational metrics to ensure highest productivity for our on-premise and Cloud engineering organizations
- Collaborate closely with the global DevOps teams to ensure high availability of services
- Provide CaaS (Container as a service) platform for engineering teams
- Build, create and maintain automated solutions with scripting, build systems, backup systems, shared resources and other integrated systems
- Develop, maintain and optimize automated deployment, certification and testing infrastructure against multiple on premise and, in-time, multiple cloud platforms
- Build, configure and tune highly available and fault tolerant Docker Clusters and K8s infrastructures
- Use objectives and Key Results for the DevOps teams to execute against
- Advanced troubleshooting and monitoring of the systems as well as meeting SLAs
- Participate in product discussions, influence the roadmap and take ownership and responsibility for new projects to make them happen
- Experienced in Agile SDLC
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet, AWS-including EC2, S3, VPC, Route 53, CloudFormation, GCP, Azure, VMWare, OpenStack
- CI/CD automation experience using Jenkins, Bamboo, Gitlab, Codeship or similar
- Proficiency with log monitoring and analytics preferably using Splunk
- Scripting using Python, Go
- NGINX or similar load balancer – Installation, Configuration and management.
- Linux (ssh, including bash/shell scripting)
- On-call (SRE style) follow-the-sun rotation, both as a member and as a lead who has improved the processes themselves
- Experienced running JIRA Service Desk as a frontline Helpdesk is a plus
Education & Experience
BS, MS in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- 5+ years of progressive work experience as a DevOps hands-on technical lead in a large scale software development environment.
- 5+ years leading teams of 10 or more employees
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in Sydney, Australia and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.