Business Value Consultant
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a Business Value Consultant, you will develop and execute strategies that build pipeline opportunities, drive growth, and efficiencies within your assigned sales district. You will work with the sales management teams to develop an account strategies and assist in determining multi-year plans to expand Splunk's portfolio across the key buying centers and into the lines of business. Strategic priorities and execution will be governed by the customer’s business imperatives and mapped to Splunk's capabilities across the portfolio to meet and exceed the customer’s desired outcomes. You will also partner with our sales leaders to drive the operational cadence, consult on critical accounts and opportunities, and assist in the preparation of content to include sales campaigns, deal framing, pricing structure, and negotiation strategies.
Assists with the framing of deal “psychology” within an account
- Craft a value hypothesis
- Earn a seat at the table at the C-Level
- Build an economic foundation to eventually support a business case
- Achieve our data-to-everything vision
- Develop a pipeline toward what matters to our customers
- Reduce year-to-year renewal risk
- Value alignment, definition, creation
- Includes people/skills and process gaps
- Aligned to the customer’s strategic imperatives and endorsed by the Executive Buyer.
- Support C-level meetings in global account base
- Attend AVP forecast calls
- Deal strategy, planning, and review calls
- Ongoing quarterly touchpoints with customer executives
- Build and position transformation programs at the account level
- Define and build transformation programs and 3-year value programs in the accounts
- Work in conjunction with sales and account leadership to define Splunk positioning in the account including expected revenue to increase Splunk SOW (share of wallet)
- Define Splunk program in the account and work with the extended Splunk ecosystem and GSI’s (Accenture, Deloitte, E&Y) to define the program and associated sales campaigns
- 10+ years of selling enterprise SaaS experience combined with leading SaaS sales teams (2nd line experience a plus)
- Experience closing 7 & 8 figure software sales/SaaS deals and references to prove success.
- Success with development & refinement of multi-year adoption strategy & construction of a comprehensive business case
- Experience with an iACV comp model
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.