Product Manager - Cloud Security
Product Manager - Cloud Security
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers and partners. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
The Product Manager for Security for the Cloud will be responsible for driving the roadmap for key aspects of the security product line at Splunk. The PM will have an opportunity to use their entire range of skills and interact with security research, sales, marketing, and development to guide Splunk’s approach to security for Cloud services and solutions. This role presents an excellent opportunity for the right individual to establish themselves as the owner of key elements of Splunk’s industry-leading security solutions as they apply to the Cloud.
- Collect customer, security research, sales, and market input for Cloud security use cases, validate those across Splunk’s customers and prospects, and then create product requirement docs reflecting that input
- including individual customer contacts and briefings as well as creating and/or managing customer councils for specific categories. For instance, a round-table focused on requirements to secure customers’ AWS clouds, or Salesforce solutions, or Google Docs environments
- Support development in creating detailed engineering requirements to the individual feature level
- Manage product roadmaps and timelines, and track corresponding development efforts
- Work cross-functionally with other Splunk product teams to deliver unified value
- Support product marketing in creating product collateral, demos, and pricing
- Support analyst relations and provide content for analyst briefings
- Support product training and sales activities
- Serve as the subject matter expert to Splunk’s field operations
- Understand and maintain expertise on competitive products
- Minimum 6-8 years industry experience, including at least
- 2+ years in product management for Cloud (SaaS or IaaS) products
- 2+ years in product management or customer-facing technical roles for enterprise security products
- Experience working with Agile development teams using Scrum methodology
- Good understanding of a range of Cloud (SaaS and IaaS) solutions and enterprise security products
- Working knowledge of core Splunk & ES OR one major non-Splunk SIEM or log management solution
- Passion for building products that are both technically solid and that win in the marketplace
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related discipline required
- MBA or equivalent work experience desired
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.