Senior Director, Cyber Security Operations
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a Sr. Director, Cyber Security Operations to support the strategic direction of Splunk Global Security, protecting the company as it becomes a multibillion dollar business. In this role you will manage our security operations center, DFIR, and threat intelligence divisions to support the organization’s global growth. As a strategic leader, in this role you will have direct responsibility for three divisions: Detection & Monitoring Operations, Digital Forensics & Incident Response, and Threat Hunting & Intelligence. The role is multi-functional, providing information security strategy and leadership. You will report to our CISO. The breadth of Splunk Global Security’s responsibility touches all aspects of Splunk security, from human, to digital, to physical. Key to your success is blending business insight with the vision to deliver security services that optimize the hyper-growth nature of Splunk while guarding its assets, people, and processes from a range of threat actors.
- Lead all aspects of a Security Operations Center which monitors emerging threats, and works closely with Incident Response and Threat Intel teams to determine appropriate courses of action
- Pursue scalable automated security solutions
- Develop, mentor, and manage a high-performing staff of information security experts
- Oversee DFIR capabilities in the investigation of security breaches, and assist with any associated legal matters
- Collaborate closely with law enforcement and other advisory bodies to ensure that the organization maintains a strong security posture
- Partner cross-functionally with key business stakeholders to influence and ensure alignment and support for the Global Security Operations mandate
- Identify and recommend appropriate measures to manage and remediate discovered or potential vulnerabilities.
- Provide strong leadership and mentoring including professional and personal development for team members.
- Some travel required for work with the leadership team, possibly for customer briefings, planning and other activities
- 10+ years of progressive security leadership and management experience in multi-disciplinary environments
- Demonstrable experience managing a SOC in a organization with a large cloud footprint
- Practical Threat Hunting and Intel experience
- Experience with red teaming and other offensive security roles preferred
- Experience partnering with members of the security and intelligence community
- Experience leading an advanced incident response capability
- Maintain hyper-current knowledge of threat landscape, attacker techniques and mitigations
- Demonstrable record of delivering critical security solutions within tight time frames, with multiple stakeholder groups, and competing priorities
- Strategic, but also detail-oriented and hands-on
- Demonstrable track record as an influential leader
- Ability to evolve security strategy based on research, data, business direction, and industry trends
- Experience managing geographically diverse cyber workforce
- Use a data driven approach to report on security posture and influence decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- B.A./B.S or equivalent work experience
- You are eligible to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.