EDU Software Engineer- Remote
Are you interested in being part of a small, diverse team passionate about building technologies that change the way people learn? Splunk Education is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Education Technologies Team. Our team is focused on building systems that help users learn to use our products in innovative ways.
Do you love tackling interesting problems and coming up with clean, stable solutions that delight users? We need to talk.
What We Offer:
- Opportunity to grow as an engineer. This role will provide a constant stream of new things to learn, providing the opportunity to expand your current knowledge and deep dive into new technologies.
- Growth. We strongly believe in growing team members through ownership and leadership opportunities.
- We pride ourselves on a collaborative, open and supported work environment.
- The ability to work from home, or one of our many offices across the globe.
What you will do:
- Participate in design and development of projects, either independently or in a team.
- Be self-sufficient and take ownership of seeing projects through to successful conclusions.
- Be the gatekeeper of the codebase and ensure that it stays stable, secure, readable, and documented.
- Work with a diverse team of experts in education, video production, security and IT infrastructure.
- Tasks include working on technologies that deploy lab servers, mock machine data, integrate multiple API services, and track the success of our customers.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with Kubernetes, GIT, and Splunk.
- Understanding of machine and application logs.
- Having done past work with Learning Management Systems, SCORM, XAPI, WebRTC, and Video Streaming technologies considered a bonus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which you are applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.