Backend Integrations Engineer - Security Products
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk Enterprise Security is an advanced SIEM built atop Splunk’s data platform with lots of moving parts. We help thousands of clients as they protect their assets from cyber threats, all over the world. On any given day, our software needs to handle thousands of users, petabytes of data, and unique usage patterns across different deployment topologies.
Are you passionate about working on products that make a difference for your customers? Do enjoy building large scale applications that are powered by huge data sets? Do you value working in an environment where you're empowered to make key technical decisions across a full stack of technologies? If so, a role on Splunk's Enterprise Security team might be a great fit for you.
As a member of the security integrations team you will work directly on the products that are most critical to our customers. In doing so, you will become a Splunk Enterprise expert along the way.
Working directly with customers is one of our core values. In this role, you'll be able to meet customers as they share their experiences, get a first person view of state of the art Security Operations Centers, and collaborate with product management to define and craft new products that streamline analysts' investigations.
If staying technically challenged and learning from others is meaningful to you, you'll love our internal technical seminars and regular, company-wide hackathons. Along the way, you will become proficient in Splunk's Search Processing Language (SPL) which will empower you to explore large data sets and to solve endless types of problems.
- Hands on installation, configuration and research of third party virtual and physical appliances as well as cloud technologies
- Focused experimentation to achieve deep understanding of technologies through hands-on usage of 3rd party software, services and appliance solutions
- Create and extend Splunk applications that extract, transform and enrich data ingested from various data sources
- Keep product quality top of mind by creating automated tests for the software that you help create
- Work directly with product managers, engineers, and customers to refine and breakdown product requirements
- Become well versed in Splunk's core technologies
- BS in CS/EE or equivalent
- 3+ years of software development experience with Python
- Experience with Containerization (Docker), Virtualization (VMware) and a Cloud (AWS) environment is highly desired
- Passion for learning about new software through experimentation and research
- Strong problem solving skills including the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working with multiple operating systems including Windows, Linux/Unix, and OSX
- Experience with RESTful API usage and development is a strong plus
- Familiarity with information security is a plus
What We Offer You:
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, contributing to open source projects, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of exceptionally talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
- We don't expect people to work 12 hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication, and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.