Principal Design Technologist
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are enthusiastic about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Are you enthusiastic about both building user interfaces and visually organizing data? Do you think design has the power to make the world better? Do you enjoy the challenge of helping users quickly turn big data into valuable insights? If so, we here at Splunk would love to hear from you!
We’re looking for a Principal UX Design Technologist to join our UX team. UX Design Technologists combine UX Design and engineering expertise into a single discipline, and are able to develop, prototype, and test innovative solutions that open up the boundaries on front-end engineering, plus encourage development teams and leaders to invest in new ideas. He or She has advanced knowledge of one or more digital delivery mediums but also a strong basis in UX, visual, and motion design. Design Technologists serve as a bridge between design and engineering. He or she will also have a background in data science and have hands on experience with a mix of technologies and development platforms. We are looking for someone who thrives in a technically sophisticated environment. Moreover, we work in a dynamic, iterative development environment, so the ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with many different developers and product managers is a requirement.
- Actively participate in concept development and design iteration as part of product teams.
- Building tools that help operationalize and bring efficiencies to design activities.
- Develop functional prototypes and production level code features to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to products.
- Be able to work creatively through and around perceived limitations and/or challenges imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for developers and customers.
- Effectively present, explain, and justify the purpose of your prototype.
- Evaluate and document any new creative and/or engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
- 10+ years of relevant experience in digital product development (apps, web, digital ecosystems)
- Experience with popular front-end libraries like Backbone.js, Angular.js, React.js, etc.
- Experience with development on mobile platforms
- Strong portfolio of cutting edge experiences that proves not only solid development skills but forward thinking
- Superior verbal, oral and written communication skills. May require occasional use of presentation skills. Communicates with project team throughout all stages of design
- Able to bridge the gap between design and code
- Comfortable with ambiguity and UX problem solving
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.