Product Marketing Manager, Splunk Portfolio
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Product Marketing Manager, Splunk Portfolio
Are you interested in contributing to our disruptive mission to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone? Are you passionate about emerging technologies, working closely with product, marketing and sales teams, and championing customer and partner success? We are committed to our work, customers, and partners, and to having fun. We're seeking an equally passionate, skilled and lively product marketing professional to drive our portfolio of products and related initiatives to the next level.
You will be part of a team of product marketing professionals responsible for the positioning, messaging and integrated go-to-market of the Splunk Portfolio. This role is highly cross-functional, with a focus on both strategy and execution. You will champion the narrative around how our portfolio comes together, working closely with the Product Marketing and Messaging Strategy teams to ensure cohesion between messages. You will collaborate with leaders from around the world to contribute to thought leadership and other collateral necessary to amplify Splunk’s positioning and value story, and enhance Splunk’s reputation in the market. You will also support the larger product marketing team in working with sales and enablement to create full funnel programs to ensure our portfolio narratives directly lead to accelerated and higher-value sales processes.
This is a rare opportunity for you to join a fast-growing, dynamic, and industry-leading enterprise technology company. Experience in B2B product or solution marketing with a can-do attitude is critical.
- Champion the narrative around the value of our portfolio, working with teams across the globe to ensure key messages make their way into each market in the highest value way
- Build key sales tools including presentations, training material, competitive analysis, and demos to improve sales effectiveness.
- Collaborate across teams to build timely portfolio-wide sales pitches and market validation of portfolio differentiators
- Bring portfolio product stories to life through integrated marketing spanning any and all channels -- web, social, demand gen, press, analysts, events, and more
- Be a key contributor to Splunk.com to bring an outcomes-oriented portfolio story to the website
- Help drive portfolio story for key events like .conf and Sales Kickoff, and key customer engagements
- Provide marketing expertise and execution to the specialists teams as they bring targeted horizontal solutions to market
- 5-7 years of product marketing experience in enterprise software or relevant similar experience; customer-facing experience a plus.
- Amazing written and oral communications skills including ability to craft differentiated positioning and messaging, build effective sales content, and deliver compelling presentations.
- Experience building customer and third party validation including working within a tight timeline, securing customer references, and creating sales training and enablement materials for the field and partners.
- Technical aptitude and ability to discern complex product information into value based messaging
- Ability to represent Splunk at various speaking engagements including conferences, press interviews, and analyst briefings.
- Self-starter who truly enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-growth, sometimes ambiguous, and career-defining environment.
- Collaboration skills and shown success delivering results.
- Requires some domestic and international travel.
- BA or BS required; MBA preferred.
- Knowledge of SaaS based products, data platforms, streaming analytics, data preprocessing, and machine learning a plus
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $90,000.00. You may also be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at Splunk and are committed to equal employment opportunity. Qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local laws. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement. If you need assistance or an accommodation to apply or during the hiring process, please let us know by completing our Accommodation Request form.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is committed to the health and safety of our employees and customers. We comply with local, state/territory, and federal regulations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in the countries in which we operate. Preventative measures may require individuals entering Splunk offices to be fully vaccinated and in some cases may require employees to show proof of full vaccination. Splunk provides reasonable accommodations for employees who have qualifying medical or religious reasons.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.