Director of Digital Workplace Engineering - DWE (remote)
The Director of Digital Workplace Engineering - DWE will lead highly technical teams that are truly passionate about enhancing end-user productivity, security, and collaboration for Splunkers globally. This leader will be responsible for three essential functions: Client Platform Engineering (CPE), Identify & Access Management (IAM), and Collaboration Tools (Collab). You have successfully led teams through a transformation at scale within a fast-paced business and IT environment. You are able to understand, translate, and anticipate business needs by unifying teams, partners and strategies in order to achieve outstanding capabilities for our end-user community.
We are looking for a technical leader skilled in the above-mentioned areas who is hyper passionate about customer experience, and with demonstrated intuition for business who can get things done. As a leader, you embrace serving as a player, mentor and trainer who will set a clear vision, strategy, and execution plan for the evolution of Splunk’s front of house platforms, tools, and services. You will be successful in this role by applying a critical thinking, consultative approach, using your relationship management skills across the organization to solve complex challenges.
What you'll do: Yeah, I want to and can do that.
- Provide leadership and set the mission and vision for the team in alignment with the strategic and operational objectives of the IT Infrastructure and Operations organization and business partners alike
- Develop and implement a unified strategy across the team that enables innovation and seeks to promote technology solutions that can advance business effectiveness with agility, reliability, and performance
- Apply data and metrics (KPI, SLA, OLA) for insight - develop, own, oversee and maintain relevant service owner metrics on productiveness, performance, and adoption of the services/capabilities/tools you provide
- Manage the technology direction and tools of the DWE team, ensuring that appropriate standards are set, maintained, followed, and reported on regularly
- Effectively collaborate with cross-functional leaders to help build and scale world-class end-user service offerings
- Lead, create, and sustain a sophisticated team by recruiting, retaining, and developing talent to embrace a continuous learning mentality; cultivate a team culture that includes high ownership, a customer-first focus that’s collaborative and adaptable to our constantly evolving needs
- Maintain awareness of new technologies and platforms and provide direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced within the team to ensure IT capabilities respond to the needs of the business
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
- 10+ years progressive experience in technology
- 5+ years of director-level management experience in leading across Client Platform Engineering (CPE), Identity & Access Management (IAM), and Collaboration functions
- Proven experience in scaling technologies such as JAMF, Puppet, Absolute, OKTA, Sailpoint, Slack, G Suite, etc.
- Established track record of managing budget, priorities, timelines, and deliverables
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks and responsibilities in high-pressure environments; excelling at pinpointing and resolving problems in early stages to avoid cost/time expenses.
- Proven facilitation, collaboration, and consensus-building skills, with experience in presenting to cross-functional teams and Senior/Executive leaders
- Excellent communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinker with a high level of situational intelligence to be able to work with a diverse workforce with differing opinions
Education: Got it!
BS or MS in Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent experience required
What We Offer You: Wow, I want that.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn. We're always expanding into new areas, bringing in open source projects and contributing back, and exploring new technologies.
- A set of extraordinarily hardworking, innovative, open, fun and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support.
- Growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment.
We don't expect people to work 12-hour days. We want you to have a successful time outside of work too. Want to work from home sometimes? No problem. We trust our colleagues to be responsible with their time and dedication and believe that balance helps cultivate an extraordinary environment
This isn’t a job – it’s a life changer – are you ready?
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area’s “Best Places to Work” by the San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits.
Splunk is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to [email protected]. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.