Social Media Specialist
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, our customers, having fun, and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of the journey!
Does the idea of building the Splunk voice and brand online get you pumped? Would your friends call you the ultimate storyteller? Do you have a real passion for using social media to build and develop relationships? If you just found yourself saying “yes” times three, we've got the ideal opportunity for you.
As the Social Media Coordinator, you'll play an integral role in attracting and interacting with targeted online communities through creative strategies, engaging content and integrated campaigns. You’ll also be responsible for sharing the Splunk culture (a little thing we like to call #splunklife) across our social channels, working closely with Splunkers throughout the organization to ensure no moment goes uncaptured.
This role will report into our Senior Manager of Social Media and be based out of our San Francisco or San Jose office.
- Craft, edit and publish daily social content that builds connections, drives awareness, encourages action, and supports key initiatives.
- Put the “social” in social media through real-time social listening and engagement, capturing photo and video-worthy moments at internal and external events, and more.
- Own the curation of #splunklife content and collaborate with a variety of teams across the organization to share our culture with the outside world in fun and innovative ways.
- Help optimize and execute the Splunk social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification.
- Maintain and update our database of active Splunkers across social tools and platforms (e.g. our employee enablement tool, corporate blog, etc.).
- Become our resident social media CMS expert, identifying and implementing best practices and sharing these across our channel manager network.
- A Bachelor’s degree in social media, communications, marketing, journalism or a related field
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant social media experience (preferably in B2B tech or agency environments)
- You've got a sharp eye for details, top-notch organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Your love for crafting engaging content across multiple social media platforms is matched only by your strong writing skills
- You've had experience with social media CMS platforms (e.g. Sprinklr) and reporting tools (e.g. Google Analytics)
- You'd classify yourself as the kind of teammate who has a “get it done” attitude and excellent interpersonal skills
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.