Internal Auditor, Finance & Operations
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk’s Assurance, Advisory, Risk and Compliance (SpAARC) team is looking for a motivated Finance & Operations Internal Auditor who is passionate about delivering finance, operations and technology assurance, advisory, compliance and risk management services to Splunk. You want to make a difference at Splunk and stand out from others. Experience building consultative, partnership relationships with business owners and Finance, Operations, IT and Cybersecurity teams to drive risk mitigation, process gaps, maturity and internal controls management. Detail oriented, analytical, upbeat and thrive in a dynamic environment. You are responsible for assisting in driving audit efforts throughout the audit lifecycle (Scoping, Planning, Fieldwork and Reporting). You have some experience in performing audits in the technology/ software industry. You will get exposure to all aspects of the business and will be working with a diverse set of business partners on any given project. Willing and able to travel (domestic and international) for approximately 10 to 20% of the time.
- Partner on new and ongoing business transformation projects by providing assurance and advisory services on processes, controls and risk mitigation measures.
- Drive the proper identification and mitigation of risks /processes/internal control gaps that have potential financial, operational technical, strategic, and compliance risk implications.
- Engage with business and control owners, internal & external auditors, as well as Splunk leadership on audit initiatives.
- You will be involved in planning and executing on Process / Operations / Technology / Financial reviews and internal audits of various functions / areas / business processes within Splunk.
- Engage with cross-functional partners for analyzing problems, assessing risk, developing improvement opportunities and/or corrective actions, building consensus and supporting implementation of remediation solutions.
- Monitor completion of committed action plans to ensure follow through and assist in mitigation of identified risks.
- You have relevant external and /or internal audit experience, exhibiting solid communication and collaboration skills.
- Strengths in communications, both written and verbal, with the ability to work with both subject matter experts and senior level management. Able to articulate issues to key business partners in terms of business risk and effects on desired business outcomes.
- Delivery focused, willingness to perform all tasks required to complete the job, including administrative and documentation oriented tasks.
- 2+ years of experience in internal or external audit including process, systems, operational, SOX, financial, compliance, attestation in a Big 4 consulting or large global public company or a combination thereof.
- Experienced with reviewing finance, operational and/or IT processes including Quote to Collect, Procure to Pay, sales compensation, sales operations, application security and/or cloud applications.
- Knowledge and experience in financial/process/operational/technology reviews, risk assessment required. Ability to construct well-targeted management reports within the context of business/industry operations/practices.
- Experience in at least one of the following industry and regulatory frameworks and standards (e.g. SOX, COSO, NIST, etc.).
- Communication, presentation and social skills to be able to interact with technical and non-technical colleagues and management are required
- Team-player with high EQ
- Highly motivated, quick learner, efficient and can work independently when needed
- Experience in international company operations and proficiency in foreign language a plus
- Familiar with Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), IIA and/or ISACA concepts a plus
- Skills in MS Excel, Word and Presentation with a general understanding of data analysis techniques
- Unquestionable integrity and credibility
Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting, Finance, AIS, Engineering, business or equivalent
Professional certifications e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA are a plus.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Jose, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment of qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.