Senior Analyst- SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting
Ready to shake things up? Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and strive to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun, and each other’s success. We continue to be on a tear while enjoying incredible growth year-over-year.
As the SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting Sr. Analyst, you will report to the Sr. Manager of SEC Reporting/Technical Accounting, and will be responsible for the financial reporting and technical accounting functions of the company. This position involves the preparation and filing of all external reporting requirements required by GAAP and the SEC, including the 10K, 10-Q and 8-K, as well as researching technical accounting issues. In this role, you will also support quarterly reviews and the annual audit, build management reports, and research, interpret and implement accounting issues and new standards, as well as work on various finance projects related to financial analysis, mergers and acquisitions, and systems for the growing Finance organization.
Location: This position is based out of the San Jose, CA office.
- Prepare financial statements and disclosures for external and internal reporting, including disclosures in the Form 10-Q/K, and earnings releases.
- Review financial information included in the company’s external communications, such as those for investor/analyst conferences, earnings calls and releases.
- Own the completion of the quarterly and annual GAAP disclosure checklists.
- Support the external auditors' audit/reviews of SEC filings, as required.
- Read and interpret accounting guidance and write memos on technical accounting topics.
- Assess the financial statement and disclosure impact of complex transactions, such as those related to acquisitions, significant leases and internal-use software costs; draft technical memos to support conclusions reached.
- Assist with financial due diligence and integration related to acquisitions
- Monitor current developments in accounting literature to resolve appropriate accounting treatment for critical accounting issues and identify any changes in accounting policies, as needed.
- Assist with the documentation and maintenance of corporate accounting policies.
- Assist with XBRL tagging and review.
- Work on ad hoc projects as needed.
- Take initiative for process improvements to optimize the external reporting process.
- CPA with 3-5 years of experience at a Big 4 accounting firm. Experience with public filers is a bonus.
- Deep knowledge of US GAAP, technical accounting and financial statement presentation.
- Precise, analytical, organized, and self-motivated.
- Excellent oral and written communicator.
- Experience with Netsuite and Workiva is a plus.
- CPA with a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business/economics.
Splunk has been named one of San Francisco Bay Area's "Best Places to Work" by The San Francisco Business Times, ten years in a row. We offer a highly competitive compensation package and a plethora of benefits, and we take pride in the diverse and innovative culture that sets us apart as a company.
Splunk is an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. We also consider applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.