Product Manager Intern (Summer 2020)
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Do you have a passion for building data-driven products? Do you want to be part of an innovative team that is building the next generation of data-driven products for IT, Security, and Business Analytics? The Core Products group at Splunk is looking for a product management intern to work closely with our PM and engineering teams to help define and implement best-in-class data experiences for our customers.
You thrive in a dynamic environment and have a track record of technical expertise and product responsibility. You will get to work with a super smart bunch of folks who are doing state of the art development work (both native mobile and mobile back-end) in areas of machine learning, data analytics, and event correlations across silos to build best-in-class business analytics software.
As a Product Manager Intern you will be responsible for …
- You will diagnose and resolve systemic obstacles that prevent your team from delivering high-quality software
- Create compelling vision and product strategy in a new market
- Gather requirements from early adopter customers and incorporate into roadmap
- Formulate and execute market tests to validate value proposition and business model
- Drive roadmap, positioning, requirements and feature delivery for a new product
- Collaborate with product marketing to support creation of customer driven messaging and content
- Formulate and execute GTM strategy, driving early adoption
- You have proven people management and leadership skills, and a proven track record of launching data-driven products
- You are passionate about building and fostering good engineering practices and processes, test-driven development, continuous integration, and build/test/release automation
- Ability to define user stories in collaboration with Engineering team
- You enjoy working well with others in a fast-paced environment
- You enjoy working within an agile environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written
- You bring enthusiasm for solving interesting problems
Actively pursuing a Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics or a related technical field, and a strong record of academic achievement.
What We Offer You:
- The opportunity to work with a set of extraordinarily talented and dedicated peers, all the way from engineering and QA to product management and customer support. Splunk flourishes with disruption and diversity.
- A constant stream of new things for you to learn and an opportunity for growth and mentorship. We believe in growing engineers through ownership and leadership opportunities. We also believe mentors help both sides of the equation.
- A stable, collaborative and supportive work environment
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!
Splunk's Hiring Practices
Splunk turns machine data into answers. Organizations use market-leading Splunk solutions with machine learning to solve their toughest IT, Internet of Things and security challenges.
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor’s EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk’s Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk’s Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk’s website should send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.